Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What 12 & 24hr events for this year?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Looking to plan this year’s events calendar & wondering what 12 and 24hr events are worth a bash? I’ve generally done shorter events in the past but fancy pushing some limits this year. Any suggestions? Cheers.

hels
    Free Member

Where are you ?

In England Sleepless in the Saddle is good for newbies, more relaxed atmosphere than Mountain Mayhem, which is the daddy of such events in the UK.

In Scotland I think Relentless is the only 24 ? Proper course too, whereas SitS and Mayhem are very untechy.

clubber
    Free Member

Bristol Bikefest 12 is the best event of the year for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldgit
    Free Member

Probably did all the main 12 and 24s in the decade just gone, and tbh I got a bit jaded. However I really liked the Set2rise.
    I guess they’re all good, but I only ever rode two dry 24’s in ten years and that can get you down. Take the Bonty, one year it’s quagmire and all moans, next year is sunny and dry and all smiles.

What ones you thinking of doing?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Relentless 24 is really good, Mayhem is BIG.
    The Nutcracker24 this year should be good (just near Leeds).

oldgit
    Free Member

That said I have a hankering to do another solo, but I’d crack if it rained. I recall nearly doing so before the start of the last SiTS I soloed, when I heard rain on the tent roof. Bike number one didn’t last a lap, there were people walking everywhere and the campsite was half empty before the race had finished. You really have to be keen to go on when it simply isn’t a great place to ride.

pixelmix
    Free Member

In Scotland I think Relentless is the only 24 ?

24hrs of Exposure at Newcastleton too.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks guys, lots to look at there. I did the Bikefest 12hr in a team last year. Really enjoyed it & fancy soloing it this year. Other than that, I’m keeping an open mind!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Only one I’ve got booked in so far is Dusk Til Dawn at Thetford in October. Should be soloing again after my solo debut last year

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Best course I’ve done, Exposure 24hr (+12hr this year) @ Newcastleton
    Best Atmosphere, Mayhem.

Bontrager 24/12 is good as well.
    Dusk til Dawn is great fun in the dry.

hels
    Free Member

Isn’t Newcastleton in England ??

terrahawk
    Free Member

Newcastleton is in Scotland…but does it matter?

terrahawk
    Free Member

stupid double post

pedalhead
    Free Member

Is the Exposure 24/12 only for race whippets or also for mortals?

Surfr
    Free Member

Fancy joining a few clubmates on the Bonty 12 solo singlespeed this year but it’s the first week of School holidays and we may want to book holiday then. When does Bonty tend to sell out of solo spots?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I think you’ll find the Strathpuffer is the Daddy of them all.

Still time to enter….

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/puffer-solo-place-up-for-grabs

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Is the Exposure 24/12 only for race whippets or also for mortals?

It is for everyone.

bigbob38
    Free Member

Meyham for 24hrs
    torq in your sleep for 12hrs
    both offer free camping (dont tell anyone!)

gothandy

If you don’t fancy the round and round thing, then Kielder 100 is kind of a 12h race (I’m assuming it will be for me anyway!).

Also worth mentioning CLIC24 on the mendips. I haven’t done it but tempted to give it a go (has both 12 and 24 options) all for charity too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What 12 & 24hr events for this year?’ is closed to new replies.