Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What 100mm travel 26" wheel 1 1/8" decent forks for my Tinbred?
  • lorax

Having just upgraded my ancient 26″ Tinbred to 1×10 I’m loving it more than ever – it’s an ideal bike for my unchallenging local trails here in Oxford. I’ve got a still excellent pair of Vanilla RLCs that must be over 10 years old, and still work very well, but I’m thinking of sticking them on another bike, and it would be good to have something newer, better, and lighter on this one.

So, can anyone point me to a new pair of good quality 100mm travel, 1 1/8″ straight steerer forks for a 26″ wheeled bike? I’ve searched around a fair bit and found a few listed in various places, but they always seem to be out of stock….

merlinshearer
    Free Member

Marzocchi Corsa, just done similar upgrade and they care awesome

happybiker
    Free Member

How about a pair of Marzocchi marathons I have sitting in the garage? Nice and plush, and cheap!

merlinshearer
    Free Member

Marathons are great too – got those on the full suss, Corsa are lighter but 100 quid more expensive

kayla1
    Free Member

Suntour Epicon – 80mm to 140mm adjustable, cheap and light 😀

langylad
    Free Member

How much are your marathons HB?

robinmcc
    Free Member

SIDS – 26″ / 100mm / dual position / QR / straight steerer – here;
    http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-sid-rct3-dual-position-fork-26-2014-65744.html

lorax

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the offer happy biker but I’m after something new – I’ve got existing forks but they’re a few years old, and I want maximum possible lifespan for the frame.

robinmc – the Sids look good – I’ll take a look…

Cheers 🙂

P20
    lorax

Many thanks P20. Does anyone have a view on which is preferable – Rebas or Sids? I found this thread from a year ago but I don’t think I’m any the wiser! I’m not going to be racing, just doing local XC trails. Above all else I want something decent and reliable that I can expect to last a reasonably long time.

welshfarmer

If you can use a 15mm axle then these are a great fork. Light, easy to set up, and very reliable. Get them set to 100mm and if you ever want to change them to another bike you have options.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/x-fusion-velvet-rl-fork-2014-10452

happybiker
    Free Member

Langylad £85 posted.

lorax

thanks welshfarmer – another good one to add in to the mix! I didn’t realise I was going to have a choice…

jonostevens
    Free Member

+1 for the Reba. I’ve got them on my Inbred and they’re ace.

Got the poplock too. Thought it was a gimmick at first, but its really handy.

£200 from alltricks in France.

lorax

Now you tell me – I’ve got some SIDs on the way 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What 100mm travel 26" wheel 1 1/8" decent forks for my Tinbred?’ is closed to new replies.