• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bol.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what 100-150mm adjustable fork
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

For a 456 in the lakes for my gf

Looking at a Fox TALAS 32 with a 15mm bolt £450

or Air U-turn Revalations with a 20mm bolt £315

any advice/reccomendations

Rickos
    Free Member

I've used both and if they were similar prices I'd go for the Fox, but with that price difference I'd go for the Revs (assuming these are new).

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Who's selling Revs at that price please?

chakaping
    Free Member

If you're going to spend £450 I'd get the Rev Team, Merlin often reduce them to that price I think.

But you know the Revs will only have 120-150mm adjustment?

I demoed the Fox and it was very good, but the Rev Team damping is at least as good and it has a proper 20mm axle.

Northwind

The Revelation Teams are bloody brilliant. Just a tiny wee bit flexier than my old maxle Revs but they weigh about 3/4 as much and have more travel, and better damping. The only downer is that now I can't buy a carbon 456 because I'd need another set of Rev Teams for that as well, and I can't afford it 🙄

Russell96

My pair of those Revs for £315 arrived this morning, they are the Race U-Turn with Maxle Lite and remote lockout well chuffed at that price, thanks to Merlin.

Hadge
    Free Member

Have you got to have travel-adjust? I've had Talas RLC's before, my last set being 08 ones and my 09 Float RLC's are much much better but are just 140mm travel. The Floats are se sweet and much smoother having no stiction issues which I believe the Talas suffer from maybe due to the travel-adjust system. I'm currently trying some Talas FIT RLC's on a Mojo Ibis SL so I'll see how they go after a few rides but as they are brand new they'll need a few miles running in as well. Here goes then 🙂

bol

+1 for the revelation teams if you don't need to go below 120 – although the price difference does make the races look very attractive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what 100-150mm adjustable fork’ is closed to new replies.