Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what 10 speed shifter/ rear mech combo
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I was thinking of a Zee rear mech ( short cage ) & saint shifter..

Is the Saint shifter L or R compatible and will it fit to Shimano brake levers a la i spec b..?

jim25

Just fitted zee mech and shifter, really impressed with how soild the shifter feels when clicking through the gears.

tymbian
    Free Member

Is the shifter left/ right compatible.

Mister-P
    Free Member

No. It is right hand only.

unovolo
    Free Member

Aren’t pretty much all Shimano rear shifters for RH side only?

oliverracing

as far as I’m aware they are all RH only for the rear mech

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

The saint shifter has quite a lot of tension in the paddles. Feels alot firmer than an xt/r might not be to evryones liking…

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I started with Zee and Zee, but missed the ability of my XT shifter to dump more than gear aya time, so changed to a Saint. I find it very positive and am impressed. The Zee mech is great, too, and so small and out of the way. Shimano stuff just seems easy to fit and just works.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The Zee shifter is a bit clunky, as is the Saint one IMO. I would look at the XT instead. Having SRAM on my bike now I miss the multi way release and the ability to drop more than one gear at a time.

In fact, after having a couple of Zee mechs randomly explode on me now (annoying) I’d probably get an XT there too.

jruk
    Free Member

Hob nob – what happened to your Zee rm? The cage on mine seems to have gone back passed the stopper and now won’t pull forward like normal and got mangled. No sign of being hit (sorry for the crap explanation). Have replaced it with a short cage xt now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what 10 speed shifter/ rear mech combo’ is closed to new replies.