Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wharncliffe Woods – Current Conditions
  • KonaTC

I am thinking of coming up to give the Red XC route a ride out this Friday, just wondering what the trail conditions are like at the moment, also is the Red XC route way marked.

cheers

nosedive
    Free Member

the red xc route is pretty badly waymarked and some bits of it have trees felled over it at the moment. and some parts are quite muddy. The downhill tracks are in surprisingly good nick at the moment though so might add a bit more variety to your day. Do you have far to travel ? If you were having to travel a fair distance and definitely only wanted xc I would probably look somewhere else

KonaTC

nosedive,

Thanks for the update, I was thinking of calling in on my drive from Cambridgeshire to Dalby as it is only about a hour out of my way. With a weekend in Dalby planned I was going to limit myself to the red route, so will dig out the map and have a look for another stop-off on the drive on Friday

nosedive
    Free Member

maybe something on the edge of the dark peak instead? I've not got any of my maps to hand but there are great loops you can put together around the edge of the peak, the bridleway off stanadge pole is a particular favourite of mine and pretty easy to make into a 10k loop or so. If you put out a call on here for a route someone will probably be able to mail you a scanned version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wharncliffe Woods – Current Conditions’ is closed to new replies.