Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wharncliffe woods anyone?
  • bigdave
    Free Member

Thinking of going to Wharncliffe woods tommorrow, is it any good guys? what type of stuff is there?

Stevelol
    Free Member

It has some great dh tracks, however its very muddy at the best of times, I really wouldn’t bother tearing the place up with the rain we’ve been having.

Stevelol
    Free Member

double post

tracknicko
    Free Member

hard work curently

_tom_
    Free Member

Was good last time I went which was a few years ago! Loved the diamondback trail. I’d probably ride more of the other stuff now, I was a terrible rider back then!

kunoichi
    Free Member

Really really good xc and dh trails – but a case of knowing where to look to find the best stuff/make it into a loop. It does take a beating in wet weather though, so if you go this weekend you probably won’t experience it at it’s best.

emmodd
    Free Member

What sort of riding are you hoping to be doing?

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh sorry i had assumed xc as we are on stw.

so…

xc – currently hard work, and will remain hard work until we have a good few warm days to dry it out (some sections dry out sloooooow)

dh- all currently riding fine i should think as it drains nicely (hilly ya see?) roots and wet mud galore so will be fairly entertaining.

bigdave
    Free Member

I am looking for jumpy DH stuff really, had a look on youtube and all i can see is sort of XC bermy stuff and peatys drop, looking for stuff inbetween really guys, anyone with any other sugestions if it is going to be muddy as hell.

Stevelol
    Free Member

The Grenoside steel city track has a good few jumps in.

emmodd
    Free Member

Peatys drop is in Greno Woods on the other side of the road. There are plenty of techy, steep, rocky, root dh tracks in Wharny. Have a look at vids on Monkeyspoon website

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wharncliffe woods anyone?’ is closed to new replies.