Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wharncliffe Woods
  • rucknar
    Free Member

Hey Everyone,

Going to Wharncliffe this Sunday, has anyone got a decent map with all the runs in it? I love going there but i get lost EVERY SINGLE TIME!
    I found one with an XC route on but it’s not complete.

I normally start off just up from the car park and hug the right hand side of the woods as i descend, i then get lost on the fireroads and struggle to find a lot of the descents 🙁

tracknicko
    Free Member

a map? aint got none of them raaand ere. just go for a potter. any trail you ride will be legendary, so why worry about where you are heading?!
    as long as you can ultimately find your car again then you’re golden!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Isn’t there one on wharncliffe.info? When we went, we did some of the DH tracks and then basically rode wherever there was a likely looking trail – did some excellent swoopy singletrack stuff in the woods between the DH runs and Greno.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    I_Ache
    Free Member

http://www.wharncliffe.info/

I was looking at this the other day as I’m thinking about going at some point soon.

simonm
    Free Member

http://www.wharncliffe.info/maps.html

You do have to dig around to find the good stuff..

rucknar
    Free Member

Thanks guys,

This Map shows the runs but took me a while with google maps help to locate where in the hell it was!

mwleeds

If you can find one DH trail you can find them all. They all start and finish at the same two fire roads. If you get lost heading down from the top car park try parking at the old factory – you’ll only be a 5 min away from the bottom of the DB run. It also means you haven’t got a nasty climb back to the car.

Blower
    Free Member

car park- after the woods on the right.ride along side of the wall(techy in places,to gate on yer right,through the gate cough cough 😉 follow track through fields .come to gate and farm,through farm and into woods on the left,ride along the craggs on the top,a fair few lines up there but hard to explain on here..

thepodge
    Free Member

if anyone wants showing the full xc run with hardly any fire road then I’m happy to show people round.

simonm
    Free Member

mmmm, the DH map could do with a bit more explanation of how to find them from the carparks / oughtibridge entrance..

That one linked is a bit useless isnt it 😉

rucknar
    Free Member

@thepodge, I would be interested in that!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wharncliffe Woods’ is closed to new replies.