Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Whaddya Mean Father Christmas Isn't Real???!!
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

“Hundreds of viewers have complained to the Advertising Standards Authority saying the [Littlewoods] advert has caused their children distress by revealing that Father Christmas does not exist”

Well, if you insist on bringing your children up believing a massive lie… *

Plus they’ll all now be thinking “what else are my parents lieing to me about?”.

(*and immediately you can predict where this thread’ll go: it shan’t be many posts before someone bemoans religious upbringing’s etc and the usual in-fighting begins … )

jonahtonto
    Free Member

when i was young my parents told me santa and the easter bunny were real. thank god i dont believe lies like that anymore

5thElefant
    Free Member

I was expelled from Sunday school for pointing out that god was fictional.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I believed in Santa for a while and the tooth fairy. Even god until sometime into my teens. And all the old Irish myths and legends about men that could bite chunks out of mountains to create valleys and hurl pieces of stone into the sea to create a bridge to Scotland just to have a scrap with another giant (Giants Causeway), Guess what, I really wouldn’t be any different now had they all been revealed to me as a massive lie. But my childhood would have been devoid of many wonderful stories. I’m lacking in creativity enough as it is thanks very much.

float
    Free Member

i was in year 3 at school when my parents told me santa wasnt real. i then proceeded to tell all the kids in my class 😳 got a royal bollocking off the teacher that afternoon

sugdenr
    Free Member

When my girl was 6 we went to DLP. After queuing 3/4hr to get Mickey Mouse’s autograph for her, she was asked if she wanted a photo with Mickey to which she replied ‘Don’t be silly, he’s not real, its just somoene dressed up as Mickey’, still wanted the autograph though, go figure!

Get’s it from her mum I say.

GrahamS

A religiously-inclined (evangelical baptist) friend of ours recently posted on Facebook:

“Right all those with kids: how do you deal with all things Santa? Go with it – it’s a lovely, magical time? Construct some innovative fabrication?”

As a staunch atheist I really had to bite my tongue. 😀

MrsToast
    Free Member

I was about six or so when my brother told me that Santa didn’t exist, didn’t really bother me. I’d already picked up on the grotto Santas not being the real Santa, particularly when one was one of my (female) leaders from the Girls Brigade in a fake beard!:P

We did’t let my parents knew that I knew, because we didn’t want to disappoint them. We still left out carrots for the reindeer, and mince pies and whiskey for da… I mean Santa. 😀

Caher

Same as DD here – did me no harm.

joao3v16
    Free Member

I was expelled from Sunday school for pointing out that god was fictional

Shame. People should be allowed to have their opinion.

sofatester
    Free Member

Shame. People should be allowed to have their opinion.

No they should not!

Burn the non believer 😈

emac65
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with kids believing in father christmas,they soon work it out that he isn’t real & without causing any harm to them…… 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

No word of a lie my two daughters were relieved when they found out Santa wasn’t real, the idea of a stranger creeping round their room freaked them out.(we used to hang their stockings on the end of their beds).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Whaddya Mean Father Christmas Isn't Real???!!’ is closed to new replies.