Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • We've had fake WMDs, now fake bomb detectors…
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Astonishing!

"powered by the user's static electricity"

also the wiki

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think this was covered late last year, but yep depressing on so many levels 🙁

jam-bo

i think the guy was recently convicted of fraud.

amazing really, but then hundreds of thousands believe in homeopathy so not entirely suprising.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think this was covered late last year

ooops, sorry, I missed it 🙁

Garry_Lager

I know this is a serious story – people have probably died from these things being used in Iraq – but you have to admire the brass balls of the guy behind them:

Jim McCormick refused to be interviewed for the Newsnight investigation, but told The New York Times that ATSC would remain in business: "Our company is still fully operational."[12] He told The Times that ATSC had been dealing with doubters for ten years and that the device was merely being criticised because of its "primitive" appearance. He said: "We are working on a new model that has flashing lights."[8]

Basically saying 'you and I both know this is a bag of bollocks, but I'm the one who's trousered millions from it, so am I arsed?'

tree-magnet
    Free Member

They're not being used at checkpoints into Baghdad anymore though. Not sure about elsewhere.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but then hundreds of thousands believe in homeopathy so not entirely suprising.

cue homeopathic bombing campaign: throw a stick of dynamite into Windermere (this may be optional as it's probably already been done at some time), then drive to Newby Bridge and scoop out a glass of homeopathic liquid explosive. Use this to make some ink, which is then used to write "Bang! You are dead" notes which are posted to the intended victims. I think emailing a photo of one of the notes might be even more effective.

avdave2

cue homeopathic bombing campaign: throw a stick of dynamite into Windermere (this may be optional as it's probably already been done at some time), then drive to Newby Bridge and scoop out a glass of homeopathic liquid explosive. Use this to make some ink, which is then used to write "Bang! You are dead" notes which are posted to the intended victims. I think emailing a photo of one of the notes might be even more effective.

I think that off the other day has done more damage than you realise.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think that off the other day has done more damage than you realise.

you're right, that doesn't come near to the levels of dilution necessary 🙁

jam-bo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘We've had fake WMDs, now fake bomb detectors…’ is closed to new replies.