Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wet, wiffy bike shoes – what's the cure?
  • PaulBecks
    Free Member

As i live in Manchester, i’ve been caught in the rain a couple of times (i know… shock, horror!) and even though i dry my shoes out thoroughly with insoles out, newspaper in and proped on the radiator they’re beginning to send the milk off!

Any tips??

ratherbeintobago

Febreeze. I have a pair of Shimano shoes (which are apparently prone to humming due to the glue they use) and they reek when damp. A couple of sprays in each shoe before hanging them up solves the problem.

Andy

daftvader
    Free Member

scholl odor controll shoe spray…. works on even my postie shoes which currently get soaked every day.

JAG

Clean them and dry them then put them in a plastic bag and pop them in the freezer for a couple of days.

-22 Celsius kills the bacteria that cause the smell 😆

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

using a radiator to dry them is causing the smell !

butcher

Washing machine.

globalti
    Free Member

Clean them and dry them then put them in a plastic bag and pop them in the freezer for a couple of days.

-22 Celsius kills the bacteria that cause the smell

Jesus, that’s a hell of a freezer you’ve got! Most only go to about minus two or three, I believe.

It won’t help if you’ve got athlete’s foot, get some Canestan thrush cream (the thrush version has 2% clotrimazole while the athlete’s foot version only has 1%) and sort out your feet, which will stop them smelling and infecting your shoes. Spray the insides of all your shoes with an anti-fungal spray like Scholl make. Dry cycling shoes after every ride with the insoles out, sunlight is good because the UV kills bacteria. Febreeze might mask the odour a little. You can also wash sports shoes in the washing machine.

mlke
    Free Member

nuke ’em from orbit; it’s the only way to be sure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wet, wiffy bike shoes – what's the cure?’ is closed to new replies.