• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by SiB.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • wet weather clothing?
  • curlie467
    Free Member

What are people wearing in these slightly grotty days or are you using the same stuff as you normally use but getting drenched!

Man up may work but i am just getting fed up with getting wet on every ride! I have a karrimor waterproof jacket that just about does a job but wandered about trousers etc

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I wear lycra shorts, my skin is water proof!

davesmate
    Free Member

not sure about the lycra but would agree that skin is waterproof.

VanHalen

i had full waterproofs on on sat morning and was soaked through to the skin by 1pm.

need better waterproofs. muchos fun though. warm rain was a nice change.

curlie467
    Free Member

I wear the full length tights to stop getting slapped by brambles etc when in the forest. May have to ditch them really. Less stuff to peel off when back home!

joao3v16
    Free Member

skin is waterproof

this, at this time of year

I find wearing waterproof jacket/trousers or whatever I get just as wet from sweating, and really hot, so may as well stay cool and just get wet from the rain

i also don’t like a load of clothes flapping around so the less I wear the better

randomjeremy
    Free Member

What’s the point? You will get wet after a while no matter how expensive your waterproofs are. Or sweat to death. When it’s raining you only get wet once anyway, mtfu etc 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I want a short sleeve waterproof jacket for the wintertime… do they exist outside the golf world?

curlie467
    Free Member

What’s the point? You will get wet after a while no matter how expensive your waterproofs are. Or sweat to death. When it’s raining you only get wet once anyway, mtfu etc

This is what i wanted to hear i suppose, the fact that it isnt really doable or practical. I shall just carry on getting soggy, was just getting a bit fed up with the rain.

Roll on winter, it seems to rain less!

z1ppy

Waterproof shorts (I prefer 3/4’s ones), ace though a bit sweaty on warmer days.
    A decent waterproof BUT must have pit zips, any waterproof is useless without them IMO (unless you move at a snails pace and so don’t sweat).

SiB
    Free Member

Rainy days are the only time I wear lycra on commute, it doesnt feel soggy and it dries quickly ready for return journey. Montane event jacket and a pair of old spd as they stay wet all day and smell. Less is definitely best on warm wet days

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘wet weather clothing?’ is closed to new replies.