Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • wet lube
  • hainman
    Free Member

im currently using muc-off wet lube and its leaving my chain and gearing very black and gunky,its very thick and sticky,is this normal as it atracts all sorts of c*** when im out riding like pine needles and gravel.i degrease it and clean it but as soon as ive been on another ride its back to black and sticky,shouldi try something else or will they all end up this way.thanks STW’ers for your input

hexhamstu
    Free Member

……….dry lube.

thepurist

That’s the reason I stopped using (Finish Line) wet lube. I tried some RnR extreme in the CRC flood sale and haven’t looked back – clean, well lubed chain.

chakaping
    Free Member

Some are thicker than others. Finish Line Wet is also very gunky.

I’m using Weldtite wet lube at the moment and it’s fine, was using Pedros wet and that was even better. Also got a bottle of Green Oil on the go and that does a good job too. None of them go all black and gunky.

hainman
    Free Member

cheers guys for your help.it realy gets mokkit and pretty sticky,actually resembles used engine oil.will have a peek at some other makes…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

TBH I always use Finishline Wet in the winter but switch to Epic lube for the spring/summer/autumn.

jimc101
    Free Member

Not convinced with Rock N Roll Extreme, yes it works well, but have found it to be very thin, one squirt empted half the bottle on first use, wasn’t expecting that, also, it’s also a pain to remove afterwards.

Prefer Finish Line WET for the winter, but as others have said it does get gunky.

Will be looking for a ligher oil for the summer, once I’ve used the bottles of WET I have.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Finish line Wet – me too in winter for long muddy rides and I take it along with me to help chain suck if I ever get it.

stumpy01

I have always used Finish Line Wet lube, but bought some of the Muc Off stuff from Halfords one day, as I noticed my chain was really dry once I got to work.

It’s horrible stuff. Completely different to Finish Line. As you say, it goes really black like used engine oil & is very sticky.
    FInish Line is loads better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘wet lube’ is closed to new replies.