Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wet feet in summer
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

I’ve always hated having wet feet when I ride. It sucks. I’ve tried lots of things to avoid it, but I’m now confident I’m on to a winner.

After using many different overshoes with varying degrees of success in the past I eventually moved on to Northwave Gore-Tex boots. These have been brilliant, but for the fact they let water in at the top. To be expected though if you want to get your foot in there.

I’ve now bought some cheap drysuit ankle cuffs from ebay and they appear to be spot on for the job. Nice and tight, but not cutting off the circulation. They also taper over the top of the boots a treat.

The only thing I’d like to do to make them perfect is to add a strap of some sort to secure them a little better and stop them riding up. My first thoughts were to use vulcanising solution from a puncture repair kit to add a rubber strap, but it’s now clear that this doesn’t work with latex.

My next idea is to add eyelets to the cuff, but I don’t want to buy the kit needed to do this unless I have to, so has anyone else got any other ideas as to how I could add a strap to these?

Oh, and pics:

Jamie
    Free Member

They don’t look weird at all 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need Veet. 😉

scaredypants

marigolds work well – I’ve got black green or yellow to match my outfits

thepurist

Black witch or bostik 2 part are what’s used to stick them to dry suits so that’ll work for your straps. Try eBay or your LDS for black witch. Or I’ve got a half used tube kicking around – could see if that’s still liquid.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You get rubber collar strap things for dry suit necks that0 are a bit loose. I will look and see if i can find.

Edit: google is not my friend also i just say someone use one it may be something he concockted.

billytinkle
    Free Member

You need Veet.

The camera adds 10 hairs 😆

IA

You could just wrap gaffer round the top of the shoe.

thepurist

Joshvegas – Apollo bio seals?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Nah it was more like a ribbed rubber strap that went on the outside of the collar.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wet feet in summer’ is closed to new replies.