Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • wet feet.
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

Hi All,

I went out in the dreadful weather on Sunday morning. Just me and my mate and saw no other riders in the three hours we were out! It was that bad!
    Finally got home and removed my Spec Defroster boots and they were full of water. My feet were killing me from the cold and now my question,
    How do you keep your feet warm and dry or is it just one of them things! I did buy some waterproof Endura trousers the last time I got frost bite to my toes but I find them hard work riding in them and I do prefer Lycra. The water obviously runs down the legs and into the boots but there must be something out there to solve this!
    Over shoes or something! Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

jonba
    Free Member

Softshell tights for me on the legs and nookie Ti neoprene socks on my feet.

I used to wear them kayaking through winter when my feet would spend time immersed in icy cold water. They don’t keep you dry but they keep you warm.

jonnyrockymountain

Castelli nanoflex waterproof bib tights over the ankles of my shimano goretex boots work for me

wwaswas

long overtrousers work ok if they cover the tops of the boots.

I find thermal sealskins in Deforsters are good as your feet stay warm even if they’re wet.

ton

kneelength porelle drys/sealskins. bmx shoes. with mudguards. warm and damp.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What socks you using? Hefty smart wool seems to work for me, warm and wet.

nickdavies

I ignore waterproof shoes, Sealskinz waterproof socks for me. I tend to find I knacker waterproof boots to easily and would rather replace a couple of pairs of £25 socks every year or so than goretex boots you can drop a thorn in on the first ride and ruin.

Just make sure you tuck your tights over them not into the socks or the water just weeps in and puddles in the sock!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I have tried a few options to keep dry feet, overshoes, seal skin socks, and decent goretex boots. None will work if the water runs down your legs and fills your foot wear.
    This year I thought ok nothing left to lose so went for cheap goretex over trousers, long enough to go over the tops of my boots. Never had dryer feet after long rides in the winter. 50 miles new year ride through a lot of wet lakeland fells and still dry feet after 6 hours out.
    its not a great look but it works!

binners

People ride in winter without sealskins socks? Are you mad?

Best 25 quid you’ll ever spend

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Overshoes over the Defrosters, then tights over the overshoes.

or

Gaiters worn under your tights and over the shoe. (looks weird but really works)

Warm dry feet make any weather conditions fun.

kedmun
    Free Member

binners – Member

People ride in winter without sealskins socks? Are you mad?

Best 25 quid you’ll ever spend

Totally agree – seems pricey for socks, but they work a treat. I use same shoes all year around that drain easily if wet…but got to make sure something is covering the top of the sock if you’re planning on getting properly drenched, as they will fill up like water balloons!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘wet feet.’ is closed to new replies.