Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • wukfit
    Free Member

Episode 10, wow it’s big
    90 mins
    more Radiohead – Exit music (for a film)
    And get teased that there is at least one more park – Samurai world

None of these are spoilers, and I will stop there untill more people have seen it

AlexSimon

[Tunes out of the thread until about 10:30 tonight]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you know when Season 2 is due for release ?

AlexSimon

It’s amazing how many US shows have moved from the Autumn slot to the Spring slot. There’s hardly anything I watch on at the moment.

Going to watch the Sopranos from the beginning instead (never seen it).

PrinceJohn

Just finished episode 10…

Going to go back to the start now – will be interesting to see where they go for season 2

swavis

Crikey 😯

legend
    Free Member

That was bloody brilliant

Possibly my favourite evar TV show

stuey
    Free Member

Well I’ll be the bstard son of Yul brynner.
    – Great ending…

legend
    Free Member

There’s a point…….. Yul’s out there now 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Well SHIT!!!
    Westworld just turned into afghanistan!

footflaps

Yep some swansong from Ford……

AlexSimon

Amazing!
    I can’t see it being as fun to watch season 2, but it looks as though William got his wish!
    I always prefer the Genesis parts of stories.

AlexSimon

I guess Meave went against her programming at the end, although maybe that’s how they are going to keep messing with us 🙂

holst
    Free Member

Basically a prequel to Battlestar Galactica then.

Klunk
    Free Member

Yep some swansong from Ford……

though we never saw what host he was making in the field repair station.

fisha
    Free Member

I still cant figure why delores dad freaked out at the picture in the early episodes. He must have gone off the rails in the past a lot.

“Your pretty ruubish for a human”

I wonder if there is a “human world” so to speak.

holst
    Free Member

I still cant figure why delores dad freaked out at the picture in the early episodes.

Either Bernard or Ford said that lots of hosts went insane.

vinnyeh

I’m now wondering whether somewhere in LA there’s a cubicle worker leaving his desk for a long weekend in a very expensive theme park where he’ll play a member of an Elite Warrior Squad about to be inserted into a western themed park where the androids have found self-awareness and are on the rampage, killing their creators on the way to taking over the world.

wukfit
    Free Member

though we never saw what host he was making in the field repair station

I did wonder if it was a copy of himself, Delores shot the copy and he’s still alive out there

frogstomp

Except that would negate the freewill aspect of Delores shooting him, which was the ‘centre of the maze’? Unless the copy was undetectable as such..

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

did wonder if it was a copy of himself, Delores shot the copy and he’s still alive out there

Or he killed the real version so he could join the hosts, like Arnold?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It took me a minute or two to get my head around, but one of my favorite bits was Delores’ realization that the voice in her head wasn’t Arnold but her own.
    And I’m guessing for Ford to say “good of you to join us”, he was the one that reprogrammed Mauve and patching up Bernie was part of that?

footflaps

Bernard seemed quite chilled with Ford for someone who has just been killed by him and brought back from the dead.

AlexSimon

Except that would negate the freewill aspect of Delores shooting him

I didn’t see that as free will. I saw that as the same triggering mechanism that Arnold used to get her to murder all the hosts.

AlexSimon

Btw. I hope everyone watched beyond the credits!

AlexSimon

I think my favourite part was when Maeve pronounced ‘Bernard’ in a very dismissive English tone.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ooh that was good.

Very satisfying, yet still leaving potential for series 2.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody hell, I missed the beyond credits bit.. and having to record it all again on +1.

I liked the ending, thought that fitting for Ford to die, but Mauve did run to plan, she knew she’d not get passed the train and she didn’t, she just got out and returned or rather started to return back to the park.. so all programmed to script.
    Liked the idea of the Bots becoming self aware, but Ford planned the resurgence of the Bots in the final sequence, you can tell that by the last sequence where Delores shoots Ford, shoots the guests and the inevitable mass killing to create chaos and Delos having to close the Park due to the killings by the Bots… that was the final Plan by Ford, guarantee it.

The Maze, simple distraction of the Bots to create a “need” to find something, a goal, a path, a route like all humans do, we create goals and chase them, the Bots needed a similar pathway to make them challenge themselves into thinking like humans.

Thoroughly enjoyed the series, 2018 rumoured to be the next series, but we’ll see if that’s a real date or one to spark interest from the viewing public, like me. I’d like to see it return next year, maybe Easter…

It’s been one of very few series I’ve watched throughout and enjoyed every episode. Long gone are the days of intriguing thought provoking TV, yet this slipped through the net and has sparked an interest in such programming. One where we actually and actively get involved in the episodes, talk about them, write about them, speculate about them.

For once, well done Sky for backing this series.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

The post-credit scene: What was the significance, beyond the bot cutting her arm off and taking out a few more guards?

And why didn’t the guards all just shoot her right in the face instantly?

Rorschach
    Free Member

. I’d like to see it return next year, maybe Easter.

I think it took nearly 2 years to make the first series (not including writing,casting etc).
    5 months for series 2 is pushing it a bit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I know, but I’m hoping S2 is already half made..

chakaping
    Free Member

Late 2018 for series 2 apparently.

Go and watch Deadwood instead if you haven’t already.

martinhutch

Perhaps the bot that Ford was making was himself, ready to be killed in front of the board?

legend
    Free Member

That’s my thinking now too. The same board that were trying to push him out no longer exist so he has complete control of the park again.

Another nice wee touch was the control room being locked down just like in the movie – hopefully the aircon stays on this time….

bikebouy
    Free Member

There’s got to be more in Sizemores character, clearly slightly deranged and intelligent with just enough hint of being power hungry. If Ford does leave/die Sizemore could be the right guy for the job.

I didn’t get the last scene ending either, maybe it was just to show the invincibility of the Bots.

But the last sequence when William sees the Bots come out of the woods, what a fantastic realisation written large on his face..sheer wonderment.

2018 it seems like then.. oh well I’ve really enjoyed this.

martinhutch

The only thing that didn’t seem to work was Delores death on the beach after being stabbed being part of the floor show for the assembled board. Even with Ford’s Machiavellian cunning, I don’t see how he could have manipulated events to produce that.

fisha
    Free Member

I think Ford has made a copy of himself to be shot at the end on stage, but prior to that, we were seeing the real Ford.

I also think that William was only winged in the arm to show him what had happened to the bots, and not an attempt to kill him. I think that Ford would want to keep him for some reason. Good series, and really enjoyed it.

As for the Delores beach scene, remember that they can be programmed to see what Ford wants them to see. “What door?” etc

martinhutch

Yep, but the show Ford put on relied on Delores dying in Teddy’s arms after being stabbed in a particular place at the right moment by a guest who seemingly does what he wants.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I say chaps, cracking ending.

But where are the other sentient bots? As Bernard said “most of you went insane” – only most, not all. So there are others. Maybe Laurence’s daughter is one?

There’s got to be more in Sizemores character, clearly slightly deranged and intelligent with just enough hint of being power hungry. If Ford does leave/die Sizemore could be the right guy for the job.

A la Prisoner, a different number two every series.

chakaping
    Free Member

One of the good things about WW is that I see lots of plot holes and don’t care, as long as they don’t undermine the logic of the main story.

Personally I want Ford to have martyred himself for the hosts, as a form of redemption for Arnold and to justify his own poor behaviour.

And ‘cos I’ve never really liked Antony Hopkins.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.