Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

She changed clothes multiple times as she both entered and descended the Church..

Isn’t it three timelines,not long after being created, killing Barnold and then rediscovery/ meeting the MiB.

I’m pretty sure that was the awakening of the MiB last night, “I know what I have to do now”.

Two grievances, no one has noticed Theresa is missing and more so the scene where “Mauve” decides to burn herself and Hector to death, as well as the obvious pain isn’t there a high likelihood the engineers would say ah sod it these two are beyond repair, scrap ’em?

That said I’m loving it.

martinhutch

no one has noticed Theresa is missing

They announced her death to staff. Supposedly a tragic accident in the park.

The other girl was supposedly on leave, so not expected to be around.

I do agree about the fire. It was only slightly plausible that they could repair massive trauma, gunshot wounds etc overnight, can’t see how they can sort out being burned to a crisp.

MiB seems too thoughtful to be Logan, must be William, surely? Both are working for Delos.

AlexSimon

MiB being Logan doesn’t make much sense. For a start it wouldn’t be an interesting progression, but it also doesn’t fit with what MiB said about previously being Mr. Good Guy, until his wife committed suicide.

swavis

Being the good guy may tie in with William though, maybe? Although it seems as if he’s becoming a little more unhinged the deeper he gets into it.

scud
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    MiB being Logan doesn’t make much sense. For a start it wouldn’t be an interesting progression, but it also doesn’t fit with what MiB said about previously being Mr. Good Guy, until his wife committed suicide.

When William and Logan first enter the park and see the MiB for the first time, doesn’t Logan say something along the lines of “you are ….. your foundation helped my sister” to him??

holst
    Free Member

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

When William and Logan first enter the park and see the MiB for the first time, doesn’t Logan say something along the lines of “you are ….. your foundation helped my sister” to him??

William/Logan and MiB have never met on screen. Was two other guests in that scene.

I get the Park has black spots for reception, but why place the Indians in there to attack one of the Controllers when he went to find the girl with the dark hair?

The security guy who went to look for Elsie had worked out there was something odd about Bernard – he’d clocked the relationship between Bernard and Theresa. Bernard had then claimed he barely knew her (after Ford had altered his memory). Ford tidying up loose ends?

legend
    Free Member

MiB getting rapey with Delores in ep1 makes for quite a character transition. OTOH William being engaged outside the park and MiBs daughter saying something along the lines of him being happier in the park (when his wife has just died) does kinda tie in

Bloody love this show

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Dolores – 3 timelines.

35 years ago, pre park opening, she’s in the blue dress. That’s how you see her dressed when she’s meeting Arnold in the basement, in the town with the church and at the massacre.

30 years ago. She changes into the Gunslinger costume when she’s with William – I think before the rob the Nitro.

Present – MiB – still in Gunslinger

scud
    Free Member

simons_nicolai-uk – Member
    William/Logan and MiB have never met on screen. Was two other guests in that scene.

This is not an easy show to watch when you’re middle aged, with the memory of a goldfish with amnesia and suffering from exhaustion… The number of times i have rewound conversations between the characters as clearly the are important but i haven’t taken it in. Brilliant show though

holst
    Free Member

ocrider

MiB said about previously being Mr. Good Guy, until his wife committed suicide.

It’s got to be William, so the wife in question could be Dolores.
    We’ve already seen flashbacks of her topping herself in the centre of the village…

Maeve and Hector to get a full rebuild without the exploding vertebrae, escape from Westworld into the set of Blade Runner?

footflaps

The security guy who went to look for Elsie had worked out there was something odd about Bernard – he’d clocked the relationship between Bernard and Theresa. Bernard had then claimed he barely knew her (after Ford had altered his memory). Ford tidying up loose ends?

This.

You’d think the board might start to worry when all the staff get killed off….

footflaps

35 years ago, pre park opening, she’s in the blue dress. That’s how you see her dressed when she’s meeting Arnold in the basement, in the town with the church and at the massacre.

Also, when she gets shot, she’s a 1st gen android inside, all pulleys and pistons etc, not the modern human like form….

AlexSimon

MiB getting rapey with Delores in ep1 makes for quite a character transition.

Having looked on the internet 🙂 We don’t actually see that. He takes here into the barn then says he’s going to jog her memory (or similar).
    We see him pull out his knife, so there’s a chance he’s either scalping her, or removing gps, or something like that.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

cracking episode

roll on the finale

things;

maeve & hector choosing death by burning – really?
    abernathy being chosen as the host with the hard drive for sizemore to send out of the park (this has to be a set up)
    bernard knows he is a host. again. didn’t we already do that two episodes ago?
    bernard killed by ford, now ford has a dead host to explain, surely he could decomission and/or rebuild for less collateral?
    wyatt = teddy? or delores?

AlexSimon

bernard killed by ford, now ford has a dead host to explain, surely he could decomission and/or rebuild for less collateral?
    wyatt = teddy? or delores?

I wondered about this.
    Did we see Delores suddenly recall killing Arnold after Bernard shot himself – was it a memory being implanted to provide a patsy?

Maybe not.

If Delores = Wyatt, I don’t know what all the Teddy stuff was about. Although it’s clear that Delores has power over him.

martinhutch

bernard knows he is a host. again. didn’t we already do that two episodes ago?

Ford reset his memory after he’d killed Theresa, so it was back to normal for him.

Bernard isn’t a host as far as anyone else is concerned, and killed himself.

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno if Dolores is supposed to be Wyatt, but I took it that the hosts in the church had malfunctioned as they became self-aware – with Dolores entering and descending to the lab where she killed everyone (including Arnold).

So there is now nothing at the centre of the maze?

slackboy

Dunno if Dolores is supposed to be Wyatt, but I took it that the hosts in the church had malfunctioned as they became self-aware – with Dolores entering and descending to the lab where she killed everyone (including Arnold).

I assumed that scene was to show them talking to the voices inside their head, as per the original programming by Arnold. Helps to confirm the earlier timeline theory. The whole pentecostal speaking in tongues theme fits so well with mid western religous sects too.

I love this shows, everything just seems so detailed and thought through

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Bernard isn’t a host as far as anyone else is concerned, and killed himself.

Even the briefest of post mortems would show he is a host?

If Delores = Wyatt, I don’t know what all the Teddy stuff was about. Although it’s clear that Delores has power over him.

I guess, Delores and Teddy were both at the original massacre (I think). They’re both to be key players again, in the new massacre (or whatever Ford’s Wyatt story is). I think Ford is manipulating MiB to be the main guest of the story.

fisha
    Free Member

We see him pull out his knife, so there’s a chance he’s either scalping her, or removing gps, or something like that.

The internet theory is that the hosts can be woken up (so to speak) by a terrible act committed to them. For example Meave being woken up when MiB killed her and her daughter … MiB spoke about how he saw the host Meave become alive for a few seconds (or words to that effect) when she carried her daughter out from the shack.

So when he drags Delores out into the barn, he is likely stabbing open her stomach in a similar manner to the scene in Ep9 where she is opened up and you see all the pulleys working. He is trying to wake up hosts to become sentient / aware.

But then i don’t get the end game of MiB … what is he trying to prove by getting the host information out of the park ?

AlexSimon

But then i don’t get the end game of MiB … what is he trying to prove by getting the host information out of the park ?

Nope I don’t get that either.

jimmy

You’d think the board might start to worry when all the staff get killed off….

Even the briefest of post mortems would show he is a host?

Who are the board? And who does post-mortems? At every turn, Ford has seems to have control. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the only human and the whole thing is his little play pen.

weeksy

I’m pretty much lost with it… it’s just a bit… confusing.

bikebouy
    Free Member

One other point..

When Ford invigorates Bernard’s memories (for him to recall) there is a scene where Bernard wakes next to Theresa, Bernard gets out of bed (still moving away from the bed) but Theresa is half propped up on her elbow not moving, still as in she could be a Bot too.. The Delos board need not know about that, they don’t know about Bernard do they..

jimmy

Was that not just Bernard’s memory allowing him to “step out” of the situation?

fisha
    Free Member

That scene though is us seeing what Bernard is thinking when he is playing back the memories … i.e. he is recalling his memory, but because he is self aware, he is stopping it, and looking around, rather than just playing out the scene.

I don’t think Theresa is a host.

The other thing I really like is that when you look back knowing that Bernard is a copy of Arnold and there is two timelines being played out, then in some scenes you realise that you have been watching the original Arnold talking to hosts from years ago … and not Bernard.

i.e When you see Delores being debugged (so to speak) when she is wearing a blue dress and keeps the dress on (Arnold showing care towards hosts) – The dressed Delores is the Delores from 30-35yrs ago, Arnold is wearing a snazzy all dark get up and never any glasses. Its the scenes where Arnold reads from the fairytale books, asking her about being self aware.

but when you see the later host Bernard, he always has his glasses, dresses differently, and debugs the hosts when they are naked (i.e. doesn’t care about them) ….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just about to queue up EP1 for a series review..

😀

fisha
    Free Member

Ahhh, I love this show … just watched this video to kill a bit of time, but there is a brilliant bit in it at 13m00s talking about the photographs …. worth a short watch

funkmasterp

The separate timelines also makes sense when you think about the Mexican rebel leader. MiB kills him and then he shows up in a different role with Delores and William. MiB also mentions knowing him well. I’m still struggling with the personality jump from mild mannered nice guy to single minded borderline crazy man. William seems to have genuine affection for Delores and to be a nice guy in general. To go from that to killing robo-kids, torture and scalping seems like a leap too far.

If the general thinking behind the two timelines is down to the prostitute who kills Westworld Kenny (Teddy), could her role not be explained by Ford needing more bodies for his new narrative? Could the timeline thing (Delores’ flashbacks aside) be a red herring?

I was supposed to be working on a presentation today and could not concentrate because of thinking about Westworld 🙂

jimdubleyou

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it sets out the timelines

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/westworld-timeline-guide.html

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

episode 10 trailer/teaser

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjQVFTpp0U8[/video]

stuey
    Free Member

‘Seeing’ through the eyes of the hosts – we may be being deceived – this allows for ‘get outs’ in the story lines.

How did no one recognise ‘Bernard’?

-I hope Maeve gets to join the board 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you watch EP1 again, there is a helluva lot of explaination in it that we would naturally miss on first watch. I’m up to EP3 and now fully understanding the back story of the park and Ford, if you have time it’d be worth watching the first 3 again, there’s a lot of information and narrative going on in the background that’s easily missed on first view.

vinnyeh

At the moment I don’t get Bernard’s history- do we know any of-
    -when Bernard arrived on the scene?
    -whether there have been multiple Bernard’s – as the technology changed has Bernard been updated?
    – does Bernard age?
    -do the other workers know Bernard is a host- if so why would they give him more respect than other hosts
    -if they don’t know then why haven’t they have noticed the quirks in his behaviour that mark him out as a host

AlexSimon

vinnyeh – Member

At the moment I don’t get Bernard’s history- do we know any of-
    -when Bernard arrived on the scene?
    -whether there have been multiple Bernard’s – as the technology changed has Bernard been updated?
    – does Bernard age?
    -do the other workers know Bernard is a host- if so why would they give him more respect than other hosts
    -if they don’t know then why haven’t they have noticed the quirks in his behaviour that mark him out as a host My guesses:
    Bernard arrived as soon as Arnold was dead.
    Maybe, I’m not sure.
    No aging.
    No, nobody knows/knew that has lived to tell the tale.
    I’m not sure there are any quirks. We certainly didn’t see any while we thought he was human and Theresa was certainly convinced.

AlexSimon

I have to say. Humans feels very dull in comparison now. I quite enjoyed the first series.

jimmy

Agreed about Humans!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.