Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The reappearance of Lawrence is a little confusing – are there two timelines being shown, or just quick action by the surgeons?

This seems to be the biggest plot hole to me – some story loops are single day (see Delores’ loop here http://delosincorporated.com/#corp-resources). William has still only been in the park a few days and I’m pretty sure he ran into Delores on more than one loop before they went off together). However, Delores is now away from town for some days which means here loop doesn’t happen. That of course changes other storylines as well.

The surgeons are definitely patching up and getting bots back out there the next day but the fact that he’s playing a different character does tip me back towards two timelines.

Still not clear when the conversations are happening.

drlex
    Free Member

Of course, another explanation would be duplicate hosts.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Actually I’ve remembered something else. Wasn’t there a conversation between William and Logan about the original 2nd partner? I thought that conversation made it sound like that was a long while before that the second partner had disappeared.

hmm

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/10/westworld-season-1-episode-5-recap-contrapasso-timeline-theory-lawrence-bernard-is-arnold-clone-robot

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Of course, another explanation would be duplicate hosts.

Which would explain Delores seeing herself (though that could just be visions). Multiple hosts so that they can get them back out in the park quickly makes some sense but risky to put the same ‘actor’ out more than once at the same time – risk of them meeting themselves. Having them playing different roles at the same time makes no sense – they’d no shortage of ‘bots’ and would be very confusing for guests if they met the same actor playing different characters

IHN

Watched the latest one last night. I honestly cannot decide if it’s a slow-burning piece of brilliance or a jumble of Lost-esque nonsense.

oldnpastit

I find it hard to believe there hasn’t been a recent H&S inspection of that park. All sorts of violations would be found – I’m not an expert but I’m pretty sure that having hosts that can strangle guests would be frowned upon.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Strangling – sort of covered here –
    http://www.thisisinsider.com/westworld-park-rules-2016-10/#last-we-know-something-is-going-wrong-with-the-hosts-programming-10

The hosts can’t *kill* but if there’s no jeopardy at all it wouldn’t be much of an experience. I’d assume the strangling would be carefully done to be painful but not dangerous (though it felt pretty much on the edge this week….)

jekkyl

just watched Ep05… great stuff! interesting chat twixt Ford & MIB.. details of what’s gone before… & that other robot that bashed his own head in had a satellite hook up… & Delores was (is?) part of a plan to destroy the park!

The wife & I both agree that we’d rather not have JJ Abrahams involved. He dirties it with his Lost association. We were all taken in by that, several seasons and it was a magic island with a giant plug! Let’s hope this ends up being a bit better.

ocrider

Woo, fake plastic trees indeed!

It’s funny reading all the Abrams hate, considering that westworld is written by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy. Abrams is only one of the ten exec producers and had no hand in any of the script, fortunately.

DezB
    Free Member

Watched the latest one last night. I honestly cannot decide if it’s a slow-burning piece of brilliance or a jumble of Lost-esque nonsense.

Glad it’s not just me.. Not engaging me at all yet. (Up to episode 3)

PrinceJohn

Just watched episode 6… wow… interesting.

Drac

Yup watched it this am taking a very strange turn.

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ve been watching this..not totally convinced yet, but I’ll keep watching..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh, holy crapola.

Ep6… you’ve gotta watch it!!!

😯

llama

Seems to be progressing nicely at the moment

Turn the other cheek

ocrider

Anyone notice Yul the gunslinger in the background when Bernard went downstairs?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

When Bernard walks into Ford’s family’s house he addresses the father as ‘Arnold?’. presumably he recognizes him from the photo that Ford showed him in his office. Ford still obscuring Arnold’s true identity….

legend
    Free Member

ocrider – Member
    Anyone notice Yul the gunslinger in the background when Bernard went downstairs?

Dammit, just caught up and was hoping to be the first to spot that!

chakaping
    Free Member

Have we all guessed who it was in the theatre?

I don’t want to spoil it…

martinhutch

Dammit, just caught up and was hoping to be the first to spot that!

Nah, we all spotted that. I had to rewind it for the missus to look like a smartarse though. 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

He was quite blurry though but there can be no doubt

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

fisha
    Free Member

I like the current internet theory that Ford is the host who kept dying and living, and found self awareness to the point he built his own maze and house. The centre of the maze being that self awareness as a robot – which is why the MIB was told the maze is not for him (cause he’s human). If Ford is a host it would explain why he can control the environment so much.

Same theory suggests that Bernard is also a host created by Ford in the image of the original Arnold.

Lastly, am I right in saying that some of the staff in the control rooms are robots as well? They seem to act like it.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Have we all guessed who it was in the theatre?

I don’t want to spoil it…

Go on then – it’s still a theory at this point. What do you think?

chakaping
    Free Member

Go on then – it’s still a theory at this point. What do you think?

Bernard.

He’d half-inched hid GF’s log-in during one of their moments of passion.

My wife thought he was a host as well. I’m not sure about that myself.

The maze representing self-awareness makes a lot of sense.

chakaping
    Free Member

PS. If Ford is a host, I reckon he killed Arnold.

fisha
    Free Member

aa a host if he has such control then it’s also a possibility that Ford turned the hosts on humans at one point in history, causing the mass exodus of the office levels and their apparent abandonment. Then since that time Ford has been building an empire of hosts and humans as it suits to cover up the event.

I think the real Arnold is alive , and will show as the original human version of Bernard who grabbed the girl in the theatre

PrinceJohn

I think the real Arnold is alive , and will show as the original human version of Bernard who grabbed the girl in the theatre

Yup I think similar – pretty convinced it’s Arnold or Delores original Dad in the theatre, he seemed aware of what was going on & whispered to Dolores at the beginning… Doesn’t quite make sense for Arnold to be onsite & need the satellite uplink…

Not entirely convinced Bernard is a host – he had no power over Ford’s family, but that could be just Ford who has that power….

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

he seemed aware of what was going on & whispered to Dolores at the beginning..

Isn’t that the trigger phrase that seems to set off the ‘increased awareness’? “These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends”

That’s what set Maeve off as well isn’t it?

I’m with you on it being Arnold. Bernard being Arnold in bot form doesn’t quite feel right though – why make a bot in Arnold’s image but give him a different back story? Arnold might have been wiped from the public record but there must have been some people (on the board?) who were aware of his existence and knew what he looked like – wouldn’t they think it weird to have a doppelganger with a different name?

The unused levels of the complex are still puzzling me. Why would you abandon space? You refit it and reuse it. The operation has had financial troubles – that seems wasteful (unless they now operate with a much leaner team than they did when they started).

legend
    Free Member

Not entirely convinced Bernard is a host – he had no power over Ford’s family, but that could be just Ford who has that power….

iirc Ford stated that they only respond to him

llama

The unused levels of the complex are still puzzling me. Why would you abandon space?

For providing extra spookiness and a base for the robot uprising and inevitable resurrection of all the robots in storage.

I don’t reckon Arnold is alive. I don’t think he would get away so long living in the park. Ford is a robot – he killed Arnold – but Arnold has the last laugh as long lost ‘features’ he put in the hosts are acting out his revenge for him.

jekkyl

I didn’t like how the two technicians just did whatever Maeve did just coz she was holding a scalpel. You would just grab her hand and shove her back, shut the door and reset her.. you wouldn’t give her a guided tour of the lab. It just felt wrong. That’s where film and tv shows fall down, you have to believe this could happen, (within the confines of the story, yes I know lifelike robots don’t exist before someone says so and does rolling eyes emoji at me) you don’t just do things for the narrative progression.

Yes, the unused levels of the factory are nonsense too. Why are all the lights flickering? The whole place is well run, the bulbs would have been replaced if faulty, not left to flicker on and off coz it’s makes it more spooky.

wukfit
    Free Member

Just watched ep7. Haven’t found out who was in the theatre yet, but other events could fit in with a theory already mentioned in an above post

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Just watched ep7.

I know this thread warns it contains spoilers but given Sky don’t show it until Tuesday evening so give us a little bit of a break if you’re downloading.

oldnpastit

I didn’t like how the two technicians just did whatever Maeve did just coz she was holding a scalpel.

And sitting there starkers and looking up at them with her big sad eyes had nothing to do with it?

wukfit
    Free Member

Sorry Simons honestly didn’t know I’ve been watching before they were on sky

llama

tbf that post does not really give anything away (or did you edit?)

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

No it didn’t but it’s a slippery slope….

holst
    Free Member

Oh, it’s all just a corporate IP battle then, with Ford refusing to release the source code and the board scheming to push him out.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just watched ep7. HOLY ***K!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.