Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • PrinceJohn

Just watching episode 2 now. Enjoying the the music once again.

Drac

Shhhh! There’s those that want surprises.

footflaps

Just watched E2, more a filler than an action episode…

The maze is interesting…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I enjoyed episode 2, just caught up with it.

I’m hooked, I’m looking forward to how the series unfolds.

And, well, I’ll read this thread after the episodes..

footflaps

So, what do we make of E03?

Quite enjoyed it, story building nicely…..

The guests are almost irrelevant!

drlex
    Free Member

I’m losing track of who’s a guest and who’s a host. Might have to have a back-to-back viewing of 1-3 before watching #4.
    Without spoiler tags, I’m not going to speculate about the show, but there’s gonna be rage if it “ends” like Lost.

onehundredthidiot

When the went to the dark sub basement store did the pass by the globe from the entrance to jurassic parks reception? Looked remarkabley similar.

Another nod to Crichton?

sundaytrucker
    Free Member

I have seen the three episodes and so far it hasn’t gripped me, I will give the show another coupe of episodes to land the hook but so far I don’t find the show hugely interesting.

Throughout each episode all I keep thinking about is how much I would love another Western TV series. The return of Deadwood better happen!

footflaps

When the went to the dark sub basement store did the pass by the globe from the entrance to jurassic parks reception? Looked remarkabley similar.

I thought that was from the original film or possible Future world, the old entrance hall?

km79
    Free Member

Lost and Deadwood are two reminders not to get too attached to this show, even if it has got off to a good start. Lost as it turned out was a pisstake that had no plan (same guy involved in JJ Abrams) and Deadwood was dropped in its prime as it was costing too much (same telly channel HBO).

oldnpastit

I’m enjoying it. Lots going on.

ocrider

So what’s on the piano tonight?

drlex
    Free Member

Cure
    A Forest
    (But dashed if I can see the relevance)

ocrider

Come closer and see
    See into the trees
    Find the girl
    If you can
    Come closer and see
    See into the dark
    Just follow your eyes
    Just follow your eyes

Hmmm

Wookster

I’m trying so hard to like this, but West world hasn’t got me. I’m worndering if it’s because I can’t binge watch!?!

slimjim78
    Free Member

But dashed if I can see the relevance)

”Again
    And again
    And again
    And again
    And again
    And again”

JJ Abrams plot theory and pacing?

Bazz

I’m finding it watchable, but only in the context of the other drivel that’s available on the other channels, if something better came along I’d drop it like a hot potato.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Im enjoying it, still finding it a bit sticky but ultimately it’s got me and I’ll continue with the series.

What I find interesting are the two humans that have entered the “world” (the one thats always shagging, the other whose an introvert) they re appearing here and there so far, always in the episodes and I guess they’ll become an integral part of the series whatever may happen, perhaps play an important role..?

But last nights head crushing by one of the “bots” was a bit overboard, perhaps being stuck in whole drives “bots” mad too..

it’s about 6/10 so far for me, interesting but not quite gripping.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’m hooked. Caught up on Ep02 and 03 last night.

The evolution coming in each loop of the characters took me a little too long to catch – I didn’t click immediately the significance of the gun not being in the drawer – but I really like the concept. Suddenly the whole groundhog day feel makes sense.

Ford (Hopkins) explanation of Arnold obviously wasn’t the whole truth. Surely too simple for it just to be Ford who was seeking sentience and had Arnold killed.

Piano Music in one of those eps was Radiohead but I can’t think which track

Question – what stops one guest shooting another?

footflaps

Question – what stops one guest shooting another?

Guns just fire a low velocity bullet at humans, just enough to bruise…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Guns just fire a low velocity bullet at humans, just enough to bruise…

but those low velocity bullets are enough to cause damage to hosts?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, when the bullet hits it’s a larger impact protocol on the “bots” 😆

MSP

Episode 4 is really pulling it together now, the character development is getter deeper,there a still a lot of plots that are starting to develop without revealing what everyone’s end game might be, I love it.

fisha
    Free Member

Not seen ep4 yet,

To me, Arnold is the Man in Black.

Ford (Hopkins) has been programming/exploring sentience for a while and has used code words/phrases to lock stuff in from early days which is why Delores spoke to thandies character and sent her out of loop.

Ford and Arnold fell out with Arnold being expelled to the west world and he is now running about trying to crack the sentience or revenge against Ford.

Fords new story/project is a story for the hosts to follow to discover their being for themselves,but the other guy Lowe has already unlocked it in Delores.

I’m liking it so far.

MSP

To me, Arnold is the Man in Black.

I think he might be Wyatt, but I think it still more likely that he is actually dead.

fisha
    Free Member

Possibly but MIB’s own words were that he had been in the park 30 yrs.

drlex
    Free Member

Poor old Teddy is the Kenny of the show; wonder how he’ll die next week?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh my.

It’s getting really goooooood!
    Episode 4, very very interesting indeed.

MSP

Possibly but MIB’s own words were that he had been in the park 30 yrs.

I am pretty sure he said he had been coming to the park for 30 years, rather than been there.

fisha
    Free Member

Msp, think you may be right. Also the other guest approached him talking about outside world stuff.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I think he might be Wyatt, but I think it still more likely that he is actually dead.

Wyatt is definitely part of a storyline – the MIB was told about him by the Bandit girl. That story also involves the “maze” which Bernard seemed to know about (as he mentioned it to Delores) so it’s not Dr Ford’s mysterious new storyline (or at least existed in some form anyway).

However, it was a bit odd when Wyatt’s men came for Kenny (sorry, Teddy) – he fired a lot of shots at the hooded figures approaching him but none of them seemed affected.

MIB definitely a guest (or thinks he is. The controllers were treating him as a regular/VIP customer in a previous episode as well. This week you saw them jam some guests weapons when they were creating too many bodies but when MIB was doing similar there was an instruction to let him carry on.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

What is now bugging me is the timelines. The concept of the character loops and evolution is fine. BUT…… some of the character loops must surely be over a number of days: in the jail the MIB said the bandit usually gets rescued in 3 days), many of the missions include overnights out of town. And how are the hosts pulled out of the game – eg Bernard’s conversation with Delores in Ep4 where she returned to the campfire?

The mismatch between the staff timelines and character loops might be necessary for pacing but feels too noticeable and it’s making some stuff very hard to follow

(I should just google this stuff – loads on t’net
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/westworld-dolores-narrative-loop-gif-2016-10?r=US&IR=T
    https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/westworld-timeline

It’s annoying that https://discoverwestworld.com/ isn’t available outside the US though….

MSP

The mismatched timeliness bugged me in the first couple of episodes, but they all seem to be in the same loop now.

greentricky
    Free Member

What was the deal with the bots stopping when they were talking sat at the table. How is he able to control them like that?

legend
    Free Member

So do we still think that Ford is actually human? Seemed to hint a couple of times that he was more in tune with the hosts and was able to stop them all without (seemingly) doing anything

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The mismatched timeliness bugged me in the first couple of episodes, but they all seem to be in the same loop now.

So after a bit more exploration I’m coming round to the view that there is a single timeline. The hosts are having flashbacks to the past (and sometimes you see a few previous loops leading up to the ‘current’ one) but both the MIB and Delores/William events are happening in the same timeframe.

The conversations between Delores and Bernard seem to be out of sequence (ie they could be some weeks/months earlier) but the idea that any of the main story is happening 30 years earlier than anything else has to be bunk (none of the key characters – Bernard/Dr Ford/Head of security (Stubbs) appear 30 years younger in any scenes) unless most the staff are droids too.

What was the deal with the bots stopping when they were talking sat at the table. How is he able to control them like that?

You saw him earlier stop the snake with a wave of his hand. He’s set up the whole scene – putting Cullen in the same seat she was in as a child – and has programmed/scheduled the demolition work. Assume he’d set up this as an ‘event’ that he triggered (there was a wave of a hand to the waiter, other bots connected) to show *he* was in control of the park.

drlex
    Free Member

And NIN in tonight’s (last night’s) episode.
    The reappearance of Lawrence is a little confusing – are there two timelines being shown, or just quick action by the surgeons?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cor blimey, that one had me sitting on the edge of my seat…

😯
    😀

onehundredthidiot

I thought the Bernard delores conversations were flashback into her memories which seemed to be unlocking another part of the code. Whether deliberately timedelayed or just happenstance.

llama

Yes I think the conversations are not all in the present.

Ford is definitely a robot. He’s the uber robot, a manifestation of the park itself. He killed Arnold.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.