Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 339 total)
  • Westworld – Now comes with spoilers
  • rosscore
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    is this an old person thing, as I’ve never heard of Westworld?

Hmm you’ve probably never heard of Dune either then.

It’s an education thing these movies are required viewing in our gaff, a bit like Shakespeare and HG Wells to previous generations.

drlex
    Free Member

So did I read there that Ed Harris is playing the Yul Brynner ‘Chris’ reprisal role and they become self aware a la ‘Humans’ ?

Probably about to get into spoiler territory, but the over-riding indications were that he was a punter.

In addition to Black Hole Sun, Paint it Black and Ain’t No Grave made it on to the soundtrack.

is this an old person thing

Probably, but certainly not essential to enjoy this version. It’s just another dystopia trope, like THX 1138 or Soylent Green.

Drac

is this an old person thing, as I’ve never heard of Westworld?

I bet you’ve never heard of Rocky either.

ocrider

So did I read there that Ed Harris is playing the Yul Brynner ‘Chris’ reprisal role and they become self aware a la ‘Humans’ ?

He’s quite possibly a host, roleplaying as one of the punters and has forgotten what he is to the point that he can kill. Or Anthony Hopkins (who replaced himself with an android years ago and is retired somewhere on a beach sipping mojitos/killed by his androids) programmed him that way…

jekkyl

Just finished watching it, absolutely outstanding.
    [video]https://youtu.be/O4irXQhgMqg[/video]

PrinceJohn

So… ideas as to what the management’s big plan is that Sizemore is aware of but hasn’t worked out?

Replacing politicians?

MSP

Since spoilers has now been added to the title.

Really nice start, setting the viewers sympathy to the androids rather than the humans so far.

Is the man in black going to turn out to be a baddie or a good guy, could go either way IMO. I think there are going to be a few twists and turns through the series, maybe everyone is going to be a bad guy in some form or other.

And Doloris swatting the fly that lands on her just at the end.

drlex
    Free Member

Big plan? There’s mention of a conflict, so possibly building armies. Another thought is for the hosts to become such for the consciousness of those at the point of dying.
    Plenty of Qs raised in ep.1 – how do they revive the “dead” hosts, what was the event of 30 years prior, why do the staff “rotate” home, what are Ford’s demons, is the dialogue of the decommissioned bar tender important, are all the animals manufactured?
    Glad it’s not on Netflix, otherwise I’d have been tempted to have thrown a sickie today.

jekkyl

‘okay let’s lock all these old rebellious robots away in this creepy basement instead of destroying them, I hope they never develop sentient thought and try to murder us in our beds’

I like how there was 84 sub basements, sets it up for lots of places to run through later, who knows what sort of things are there hidden.
    What year is it set? the phones looked swish!
    Big Plan? my first thought was military but ‘Host’ing people’s minds after they die would be way cooler though.

Drac

Enjoyed that lots of possibilities to come.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

It wasn’t until I started watching it I realised Jonathan Nolan was involved in writing/directing.

That’s a good enough recommendation on its own.

BTW just finished watching Mr. Robot. Excellent.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh, so I see a thread exists already.

Well, just finished watching the first episode and just about getting to grips with it.

I’ll continue to watch it I think..

legend
    Free Member

BTW just finished watching Mr. Robot. Excellent.

Season 3 in January – already excited!

Wookster

I liked it, and I’ll watch another episode for certain, but I’m not “bitten” yet. Saying that I wasn’t sure about Banshee after the first episode then was glued to the box set after ep 2!

wilburt
    Free Member

Good start, I’m hooked.

rosscore
    Free Member

Was quite liking it, then..[video]https://youtu.be/0I3EgQ394_k[/video]

Loved that and bonus..

Thandie Newton rocks my world.

My only problem which should I get now as my Synth her or Gemma Chan?

Could I afford both?

footflaps

More of a Logan’s Run reference, but sums up 70s Sci-Fi (not counting Star Wars)

Also, Planet of the Apes in there…

jimdubleyou

Predictions:
    I reckon the old fella has been trying to program sentience for ages.
    His latest programs have cracked it.
    Sentience in robots is not a good idea.
    Chaos ensues.

Also:

‘okay let’s lock all these old rebellious robots away in this creepy basement instead of destroying them, I hope they never develop sentient thought and try to murder us in our beds’

legend
    Free Member

rosscore – Member

Was quite liking it, then..

Paint it Black was an awesome choice. they played something else very familiar earlier in the episode, couldn’t put my finger on what it was though…

rosscore
    Free Member

What are you saying? We’ve got to watch it all again to find out?

Oh alright then..

MSP

I am torn now, I want to watch the next episode as soon as it comes out, but I can also see that it would be excellent to mainline the whole series in one weekend.

PrinceJohn

they played something else very familiar earlier in the episode, couldn’t put my finger on what it was though

Listen to Soundgarden…

wilburt
    Free Member

When we are discussing which synth we should get I think its worth remembering its more likely than not WE are someone (or somethings) synth already.

jimdubleyou

When we are discussing which synth we should get I think its worth remembering its more likely than not WE are someone (or somethings) synth already.

Mind, BLOWN…

rosscore
    Free Member
    rosscore
    Free Member

So here’s a thing to think about, lets say my synth is Thandie Newton and you had Gemma Chan would you swap for a night?

And would you feel any different if it was say your Mrs for instance?

And explain why.

legend
    Free Member

lolz, my Gemma would never go for you

Drac

That scene above got me itching to play Red Dead Redemption again.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Enjoyed that . New walking dead and this should keep me going for a while

Klunk
    Free Member

I get that synths can’t harm humans (and know who the humans are), but how do the humans tell the difference between a synth and a human or is it just laser tag (no one has a real gun) where the synths just “blow up” when you shoot in there general direction.

drlex
    Free Member

Episode 2 available on HBO.
    Anyone with a VPN or proxy can check out the westworld website for information about the company behind the “resort” – Delos. Bit like the Dharma institute stuff during the “Lost” seasons.

drlex
    Free Member

Link – https://discoverwestworld.com

example –

drlex
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

I hope reading this thread doesn’t detract form my enjoyment of the programme, watching it unfold and waiting until the following week to get the next instalment.

wilburt
    Free Member

I think theres only one sure fire way to avoid that.

Bazz

Me and the wife watched this as we were looking for something to fill the gap whilst we wait for the last season of Black sails, I wasn’t all that impressed, mostly bored through it, I’ll watch the next episode to see if it gets any better though.

drlex
    Free Member

I hope reading this thread doesn’t detract form my enjoyment of the programme, watching it unfold and waiting until the following week to get the next instalment.

When these kind of threads appear, and with this site lacking “hide” tags, I tend to read them only when up to date with the transmission schedule. None of what I’ve posted so far should detract from viewing pleasure, I hope. A series that’s available all at once on Netflix requires more careful fora browsing – titles with the suffix “spoilers from first page” aren’t always there.

MSP

Me and the wife watched this as we were looking for something to fill the gap whilst we wait for the last season of Black sails, I wasn’t all that impressed, mostly bored through it, I’ll watch the next episode to see if it gets any better though.

I can see why you might say that, even though it clearly has high production values and quality acting, it hasn’t exploded onto our screens and revealed all straight away. I think it will take four or more episodes for some of the characters and storyline to become a bit clearer.

AlexSimon

I don’t know – After ep.2 I’m hooked!

Drac

Episode 2 gives a few answers and more questions certainly very good.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Westworld – Now comes with spoilers’ is closed to new replies.