Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Weston-super-Mare Airshow
  • roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Hullo all, I recall that there are a few aircraft enthusiasts on here so I hope no-one minds if I post a link to my gallery of images from the above event that was this past weekend.

https://500px.com/mountainsonmymind/galleries/weston-super-mare-airshow-2017

Hope it offends no-one and hope all who look find something they like!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing. I was there on Sunday for the first part of the display.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hi roadie
    Looking forward to the pics but that link isn’t working for me.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Hello JGG, sadly I missed the first part of the display including the Spitfire which was just finishing it’s set when I arrived.

Eddie, apologies for link not working, will grab 10 mins a bit later and have a look at why that may be.

redthunder
    Free Member

The red arrows must of been returning from from Weston-super-Mare and flew over my village twice :)…. with smoke.

Great pix BTW…like the Mig. Remember those in Yugoslavia.

ransos
    Free Member

The red arrows must of been returning from from Weston-super-Mare and flew over my village twice :)…. with smoke.

I was camping near Banwell and they flew right by us.

CountZero

I was there a couple of years ago, and it took forever to leave Weston. Rather long breaks between displays, too, but the aircraft were great to watch.
    Always good to see the PB5-Y, such a big plane when it comes in close, (even bigger if it’s on static display and you can stand underneath it!).

spekkie
    Free Member

Nice pics . Worked at Farnborough air show last year and couldn’t get enough of the Typhoon 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

They missed a trick with the name though.

Weston-Super-Mairshow

nickc

do like the 2 seat MIG, nice photo, thanks for sharing

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses all, very touched that you like the images.

CountZero – love the picture you have there! The background really places that aircraft in a specific location whereas most of mine are pictures of aircraft which could be anywhere.

spekkie – The Typhoon was incredible. When it first rocked up the speed it arrived at was genuinely astonishing.

eddiebaby – I had a look at my link earlier. It works fine for me from home but the (ultra paranoid) hardware based ad-blocker and fire-wall that we have at work seemed to kill it for some reason. I can only suggest that that may be something like what’s going on for you. If you copy and paste the link into your browses URL bar that may get around the problem also?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Weston-super-Mare Airshow’ is closed to new replies.