Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Westminster parking info required?
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

I need to park around 7pm near parliament square tomorrow evening. As I haven’t driven into London for a while, can anyone tell me if Im okay to avoid the congestion charge and meter charges in the nearby streets please?

ffej
    Free Member

C Charge ends at 18:00. No idea about parking.

J

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Most parking restrictions end at around 1830, so a single yellow is your friend from then on, as are meter bays, pay and display bays etc, but check very closely re any residents parking or other slots. Westminster are ferocious in ticketing!

If you’re heading to the House, I’d recommend parking somewhere around Palace Street and walking down Victoria St from there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Westminster is horrid for parking, as CFH says find a bay (slotted bay not an open bay, you can tell the slotted ones as they are for single cars, open bays are for residents, don’t get them confused) Look out for the information signs on lamposts or parking posts, each state the nature of the parking restrictions. Paypoints are hard to find, ParkbyPhone a better option but needs web access or App on either iPone or Android. Simply enter car redg, credit card details and time etc. Don’t forget the location codes.
    Or lookout for an NCP local, there is one on Westminster Sq but it’s massively expensive, don’t know any closer sorry, most I know are up the road around Soho/CovGdn.
    Congestion Charge finishes at 1830 (as said) otherwise it’s £10 per day. The area you will be in is in the zone so no getting away with it unless you enter after the time.
    Single yellow lines Ok after 1830 in most areas, you could park on a street somewhere near but don’t count on it being within 10min walk.
    HTH

trevron73
    Free Member

Park on the embankment its 2 mins walk from Parliment square and always spaces (metered)

Rockape63
    Free Member

Thanks Chaps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Westminster parking info required?’ is closed to new replies.