Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Westfalia Towbar with Atera Strada DL
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

There are stacks of threads mentioning one or other of the above. But none which answer my specific question, which is..

Has anyone tried a Strada DL 3 on a Westfalia detachable towbar? Did it work well/badly/not at all?

The people at Roofbox said they had come across squintiness issues but they weren’t forthcoming with details. I’d prefer the detachable if possible due to reversing sensors.

cheers

Jason
    Free Member

I have a Westafalia detachable on my car, and a Strada Evo 3 bike carrier. No problems at all with it. I have had this set up almost year and it gets used 2-3 times a month, with normally 2 or 3 bikes on. You just need to make sure the lever is pressed down hard enough, but apart from that I can’t see what the problem could be?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My T5 Cali has a Westfalia detachable tow ball as standard.

I use a Thule 9503 RideOn with no issues at all. It wont tilt far enough to open the tail gate but only takes 2 minutes to remove anyway.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

I bought a Strada DL 3 from roofbox, for a new car with a factory fitted towbar. And it sat squint. Roofbox asked me to try it on another car, and it still sat squint. So they took it back and sent a new one. Phoned me to tell me they’d checked it on their vehicle and it was fine. New one sat squint too, so I had the local garage get the car up on the ramp, and they were able to adjust the towbar subframe slightly. It’s less squint now, and Atera, via roofbox, have assured me its quite safe, so I’ll put up with it.

Guess only a bike rack would ever show up a slight less than vertical alignment of the towbar, you’d never notice towing something. Looks spot on by eye.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

righto, good input that.

FTW, has anyone put a Strada DL on a Westfalia detachable towbar on a T5?

Go on, tell me.

travellinjones
    Free Member

yes, and it does allow tailgate to open without being removed as well 🙂

FieldMarshall

I’ve got a barn door T5 with removeable Westfalia towbar and a Strada DL.

No issues to date. Had it over a year.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Arses, thrice.

Got the Westfalia detachable. The Atera Strada doesn’t tilt far enough to open the tailgate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Westfalia Towbar with Atera Strada DL’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts