• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wester Ross – Little Loch Broom & Dundonnell: Routes please..
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Anyone any knowledge/recomendations of this area, I am up there next weekend and looking for medium ½ day or so route to try out?

All I’ve done is a big mutha from Poolewe to Dundonnell which is not done in ½ day!

scotroutes

Poolewe to Carnmore bothy – & return?
    http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/p/west-highland-escape-with-lot-of.html
    or was that part of what you already did?

In to Loch na h-Oidhche perhaps? Leave the Gairloch road at NG856720 and head roughly South

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Bump!
    Yeah that’s the first part of what we did a few years ago and then into Sheneval. Looking maybe at something starting in Gruinard Bay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

Oh – let me know how you get on around there. I’ve a packrafting trip in mind that would take in some of those trails.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ok will do. Provided I don’t die…

NickScots
    Free Member

Just been looking for routes myself, found this one. No real details but a brief description.

http://www.winterhighland.info/mtb/index.php?50,2589

Spin
    Free Member

A little bit away but OK if you have a car:

Start at Leckmelm on Loch Broom, ride up Strath Nimhe to Glen Achall then down to Ullapool and back along the road. You can also go over Ullapool hill by leaving the main track just after Loch Achalt.

It is definitely a 1/2 day route, maybe 4 hrs.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ok back at my desk now so fully connected again 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Just lost my post as was interrupted – bloody work!

Will sort this out later this week.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

http://surroundedbyhills.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/wester-ross-mtb-unknown-territory-and.html

hope this helps, decided to do the above rather than the Scoraig route as was looking for a bit more of a challenge, saying that though most opf my friends have at least walked along to Scoraig and it sounds like it is worth a visit.

FOG

Was up there last week – weather abominable! Did various routes in the area, mostly out and back rides.
    The track from behind the Drumchork Hotel which carries you up to Fionn Loch, nice ride very wet when I did it but then so was everything.If you trek across a boggy bit NNEish you will meet the track down to Gruinard bay. I didn’t do this bit.
    Track from Gruinard Bay along the Gruinard River to Loch na Sealga.
    Track from the A832 to Lochna h Oidhche – enjoyed this one despite Hail the size of frozen peas.
    Track from nr Shieldaig Hotel to Loch a Bealich
    Tollie track from the A832 just before you drop down the hill to Poolewe.
    All these are on Landranger 19, good luck with the weather!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wester Ross – Little Loch Broom & Dundonnell: Routes please..’ is closed to new replies.