Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • West Sussex/Worthing Riders…. join our gang… pleeeease!!
  • mattjg
    Free Member

We should do a cultural exchange with the Dorking based group I ride with.

mattjg
    Free Member

It’s going to be a tough sell though. “Hey lads instead of riding our singletrack paradise followed by a pint of world class locally brewed beer, let’s drive for an hour to ride up a flinty chalk track then down a flinty chalk track then up a flinty chalk track then …” 😉

pictonroad

Typical chippy northener

mattjg
    Free Member

Thinking on, our numbers have gone up a lot recently. Is it your lot defecting?

DrP

Are you the Dorking Cocks we hear about?

BURN 😉

Anyways… lovely warm evening ride with a ouple of new chaps..Thanks Njee20 and rubberbuckaneer (hey, don’t be fraid of your username!)

Hopefully you had fun..sorry you missed the pub. There were no pork scratchings, but it’s not all bad…!

I’m off on me hollibobs (kid out of school…burn the heretic..) so maybe catch up in a few weeks 🙂

DrP

pictonroad

Strava link

Splendid evening jaunt chaps. Thanks for coming along, check in another time.

njee20
    Free Member

Great ride – thank you very much for showing us round gents, will definitely try to get out again!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Really fun ride, thanks for inviting us out 🙂 I’m certainly up for more of that. Couldn’t do the pub as it was past my bed time but I will be better prepared next time with an extended evening pass

davosaurusrex

pictonroad – Member
    Typical chippy northener

Genuine LOL at that!

Was going join you but a mate who doesn’t often get out had a pass so went with him instead. Think we might have been at the bottom of the blue run when you came down? Heard someone shouting “I can’t make that corner!” at the off camber turn at the bottom. We’ve all been there!

pictonroad

That was me, that corner is my nemesis!

Thanks for omitting the Anglo Saxon elements from my outburst… 😳

Rubber_Buccaneer

Anglo Saxon elements from my outburst

It’s the 99% of MTBers like you that give the rest of us a bad name 🙂

pictonroad

Yeh, that wasn’t great either.

I’m a nice bloke really.

I was in a bad place.

Sorry.

DrP

He’s a horrible person. Don’t listen to these internet lies…

And hummerlicious.. Just saw your post!!
    Lol indeed..I meant retired the website, not from riding!!!

DrP

njee20
    Free Member

That was me, that corner is my nemesis

Brian missed it too (and I nearly did), so you were far from alone!

There was an inordinate amount of shit. Outbursts justified!

mattjg
    Free Member

Are you the Dorking Cocks we hear about?

I couldn’t possibly comment on that. The first rule of Ride Club is ..

Glad you all had a good ride. It’s doing cats and dogs up norf here today so you got out at the right time.

Will come down and see you one day. Are you saying there’s more to riding darn sarf than SDW and Big Dog?

chiefgrooveguru

And hummerlicious.. Just saw your post!!
    Lol indeed..I meant retired the website, not from riding!!!

I thought the Tour Divide was going to be the last hurrah, before he sells all the bikes and takes up fishing or golf… 😛

Are you saying there’s more to riding darn sarf than SDW and Big Dog?

No, nothing fun here at all! 😉

davosaurusrex

Didn’t comment on the awful profanities for fear of the ban hammer. Potty mouths, tsk.

My mate lost it on that bend and did a 180 backwards into the trees last week. It was almost graceful for a 16st plasterer.

Did I hold the gate open for two of you at Cissbury? One fella was full enduro rocking the goggles and open face look!

slimjim78
    Free Member

nice Strava link – although – only 580 calories burned in 2:17hrs?.. Are you a wisp of a waif?

pictonroad

no I most assuredly am not, I assume Strava calorie data is nonsense.

njee20
    Free Member

Did I hold the gate open for two of you at Cissbury? One fella was full enduro rocking the goggles and open face look

Nope, no goggles anyway in our group!

I assume Strava calorie data is nonsense.

I think it has a direct correlation between speed and calorie consumption – so a gentle spin on the road uses more than even the hardest MTB ride. Basically yes, it’s bollocks.

davosaurusrex

You lot out tonight?

pictonroad

Good to see you last night Dave, what a cracking ride, sooooo dry and dusty at the moment.

Now you go away and learn what a Vauxhall Frontera looks like and come back and apologise.

There’s a good lad.

davosaurusrex

I know what they look like, I’ve seen a photo of yours. And very nice it is too. For a Vauxhall.

DrP

Meh..I bet it was terrible, with dog muck and flat tyres and warm rose in the pub….

Jealous, me…no…

DrP

davosaurusrex

Couldn’t see for dust, it was South Coast loam out there I’m telling ya!

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘West Sussex/Worthing Riders…. join our gang… pleeeease!!’ is closed to new replies.