Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • West/ South-west London Pootle
  • aP
    Free Member

seeing as there’s talk of pootling elsewhere in the country, does anyone fancy a w/ SW London pootle, say, on 1at or 2nd November?
    I suggest meeting at Kingston Bridge, it’ll be about 4 hours, with mud, nettles, flints, trees, and mud.
    Heading out through Cobham, then Ranmore, returning Stane Street.
    Riding time about 4 hours, adding STW faffage factor makes it 5ish hours, so 10am start, hopefully back to Kingston before darkness strikes.
    Suitable for 26, 29er, cx bike, tandem, not unicycle though 😉
    Anyone interested?

soundninjauk

I’d be very up for something like this (based around Turnham Green/Acton), but would have to hang on until the 15th/16th/22nd/23rd November. Also by this point it’d have to be on a shiny new 650b which I notice isn’t on your list!

Pook

You do realise there are franchise agreements required don’t you?

😉

aP
    Free Member

Can’t do 22/23rd as at family gathering then Commissairing a cx race, could possibly go back to 15/16? I forgot about 650b…. Sorry 😳

@Pook
    – you’re very welcome to join us!

soundninjauk

If more people can do your originally proposed date then that’s fine with me, I can hang on until next time. Otherwise either the 15th or 16th is fine with me 🙂

aP
    Free Member

No one except for soundninjauk?
    15th November?
    Nothin’ fancy, but as much off-road as it’s taken nearly 20 years of riding round here to find….
    If Kingston sounds too painful to get to then how ’bout Richmond Bridge at 10 Saturday week?

Sonor
    Free Member

Could be interested for the 15th, Have to get over the plague I’ve had for the last few weeks and get fit again.

I’ve been riding out from the New Malden area through Epsom, Oxshott and Cobham to Effingham, and then onto the North downs/Boxhill and back via stane street for years.

soundninjauk

I’ve got to go and be sociable in Surrey in the afternoon/evening of Saturday 8th, so will only really have time for a few laps of Richmond Park on the road bike first thing in the morning. Still up for the 15th though, if this doesn’t pan out I’ll head out to Swinley Forest.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aP I would be interested in such rides in the future, Nov not good for me as already booked up. Other thoughts;
    I would be happy to be part of a pootle around the Surrey Hills or elsewhere, meeting in Kingston takes me 30 mins travel and Surrey Hills is an hour so its more quality riding time to do the extra drive.
    I would prefer a 3 hour ride with more trails and less transition (as above)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘West/ South-west London Pootle’ is closed to new replies.