Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wessex Way – Weston to Eastbourne. B&B suggestions
  • flashes
    Free Member

Thinking of doing this in July. Not sure on daily mileage, so was hoping to provisionally book and roll up the day. Ideally with safe bike storage. Any suggestions??

brassneck

There’s a B&B or two in Vernham Dean just off the route, a bit further on from the suggested Collingbourne stop. Not 100% sure the pub there (Barleycorn? Can’t remember which Collingbourne it was, I think Kingston? IF Ducis, I think the Shears is still doing B&B) is still doing B&B. The George in Vernham is nice for a meal and pint anyway 🙂

The Old Vicarage is on t’internet, but there is also one in the village opposite the pub.. I’ll have to dig the name out of the parish mag though.

flashes
    Free Member

Ta. I guess they’re bike / muddy biker friendly….

brassneck

There’s certainly no lack of it around here! Shouldn’t be an issue, though I do take my shoes off on the way into the pub 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 Was in there after last weeks TVT.

I think the Hatchet at Lower Chute has accom now ?

flashes
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll look into it….

pete68
    Free Member

I stayed at the shears when I did it many years ago(95?). Was a bit grim but I’m sure it’s changed since then.

allthepies
    Free Member

The Shears is posh these days.

flashes
    Free Member

Posh and muddy MTBer, what could go wrong…….

pete68
    Free Member

Said it was a long time ago! Quick edit, thinking about it ,I think it was called the cleaver possibly. Was that one? So maybe not the shears at all. I’m really helping here aren’t i!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wessex Way – Weston to Eastbourne. B&B suggestions’ is closed to new replies.