Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • We're looking for an English Springer Spaniel, can you help?
  • LardLover
    Free Member

After losing Molly just after my 40th (I think she held on till just after my birthday 😥 I like to think so anyway) my wife has convinced me it’s time for another Springer Spaniel to keep Oscar, who’s 15 this month, company as he now hates being on his own.

Molly (RIP) left, Oscar right:

We bought Molly from a family my wife knows who used to breed Springer’s (Molly was last one left) but they no longer breed Springer’s and they don’t know of anyone with any pups at present (or planning to breed).

I’d love to buy a pup from a recommendation rather than trawling the net trying to find the right one.

So, does anyone know of any Springer pups available now, or ready soon? Willing to travel within 2 1/2hrs of Newcastle for the right dog.

Ideally we want a girl dog, English Springer Spaniel. Will consider a Sprocker too. Liver and white only though, the more liver the better.

Thanks for looking.

Bucko

Sorry to hear the sad news.

Have you tried your vets? They may know of local breeders or customers that have litters.

I found my Springer from an advert in a local newspaper, the Western Morning News, i went to view a few litters from adverts and was more than happy with the dog i chose.

Good luck

grantway
    Free Member

Firstly very sorry to hear your loss of Molly.

We bought our Golden Retriever through the Kennel Club breeders web site.

Kennel Club

Best of luck on your search 😉

LardLover
    Free Member

Jeez, never thought of trying the vets 😳
    (gorgeous pup Bucko)

grantway, thanks for the Kennel Club link, seems there are a couple of breeders close to me that may have pups! (email sent).

Thanks

grantway
    Free Member

No probs LardLover best of luck and don’t forget to put a pic up !

LardLover
    Free Member

Just emailed a few breeders off the Kennel Club website. No pups at present but got a couple of leads (excuse the pun!).

Fingers crossed.

compositepro
    Free Member

I dunno where your based but my next door neighbour is a gamekeeper
    I got my springer from him….very clever (little swine sometimes)dog
    Both parents are championship trials and have history with kennel club and all the documents and he has 6 ,The police usually take them but i can ask him whats going on with them.

carbon337
    Free Member

check NESSR.net – sometime have rescue pups but dont forget the older dogs. We took on a 5yr old 4 years ago now and he is still mental.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘We're looking for an English Springer Spaniel, can you help?’ is closed to new replies.