Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Wentwood 50k – anyone else???
  • jamiew84
    Free Member

I am riding the wentwood goshawk 50k event this weekend and was wondering if anyone else is going?

Also any south wales folks know what the conditions are like in the forest at the moment? i am assuming p’d wet thru so mud tires are a necessity?

taxi25
    Free Member

Did this again today. Brilliant 😀 ! prob my favorite event at the moment. 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Reckon conditions were as good as it gets for Wentwood. I went up to have a look – course looked fairly tough. Well done those who took part – the leaders looked pretty damn fast.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

It felt like it was all uphill. Good fun though

valleydaddy
    Free Member

cracking event, organisers listened and got the sign on tents sorted, great signage and brutal course – this is now a classic must do event!!

taxi25
    Free Member

This is my mates Garmin read out.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/156947622

As you can see despite my legs telling me different there are as many downs as ups.
    Valleydaddy. Thats Ants ride on his years old fully rigid Trek.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Fantastic 😀

plodtv
    Free Member

bloody hell he shifted! Was amazing, will definitely be signing up for this next year.

boltonjon

Fantastic event with many brutal climbs but also very rewarding downhills

I reckon that this is one of the best events i have taken part in

Top marks in every aspect

amt27
    Free Member

came home 18th in 3hr22, shame how a few people who I dropped mid ride appeared at the finish in front of me with all the tags, oh well it wasn’t a race,

can’t moan for an £18 charity event really

boltonjon

There was one section about 3/4s of the way around where i seen 2 guys, who had missed some arrows pointing right, going straight on up an unrideable singletrack.

I called them back, which they did do, but when i got to the top of the hill, it seems as though there were signs to ‘help’ people who had gone straight on

I reckon that little shortcut could have saved 10 minutes or so

I managed 25th in the 50km race, which i’m mighty pleased with – great event all round

amt27
    Free Member

There was one section about 3/4s of the way around where i seen 2 guys, who had missed some arrows pointing right, going straight on up an unrideable singletrack.

I know the section, looking on the map your probably right, it’s a shame when sponsored riders do that and brag about how they have done no training at the end,

mtbant
    Free Member

Yep I did it! good day out.

mooman
    Free Member

taxi25 – Member
    Thats Ants ride on his years old fully rigid Trek.

Its an oldie but a goldie Col

boltonjon

Was Ant on an old Trek with v-brakes?

If it was, I think i started next to him, but he powered past me up a hill about halfway round – he was going some!

3.30 is a hell of a time as well – he must have been top 15 to 20

I take my hat of to him on some of them descents with v-brakes!!

It just shows how important fitness is compared to what bike you ride!

It just shows how inaccurate Endomondo is, as my phone showed that my total elevation was only 4000 ft – but my legs told me something different!!

mooman
    Free Member

No .. my old trek has got old disk brakes… 😀

Brakes wasnt the worry on those descents .. it was keeping the front wheel pointing in the right direction with no suspension… 😐

jamiew84
    Free Member

that was a cracking day out yesterday. have to say that was brutal climbing at times yesterday. and there i was thinking that i was vaguely fit! have to say my shoulders are knackered today.

loved bits of the course, the long grassy climb on the 50k was not to my liking though. killed my legs!

amazing day out and really well organised.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ve only ridden at Wentwood twice, but have downloaded the gpx file. Would you recommend riding the route for fun? Is there enough singletrack in there, or too much fireroad and grassy climbs?

I guess it didnt take in the DH run?

danjthomas
    Free Member

Second time for me. Im sure i cocked up last year, i did the 50 1hr shorter than this yeah and this year im fitter. Im not the only one saying that. Either i got directed to do something twice this year or i actually did the full thing for the first time.

Nice ride though, the mud got easier as i got used to it. That last climb………….was large!

boltonjon

Is anyone else getting a little frustrated by the lack of results being posted in the webpage??

48 hours are well & truly up! 😀

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

been on here for a few days.

http://www.wentwood50.co.uk/results.html

boltonjon

Thats where i’ve been checking – i can only see the results for 2011

amt27
    Free Member

Ctrl+F5, I finished 16th in the 50km, but you can probably knock a few places off that due to cheaters

boltonjon

Thank you amt27!!

I’ve been checking a lot since Tuesday – what on earth does the Ctrl+F5 do??

26th – i’m happy with that!! 😀

amt27
    Free Member

it clears previous saved versions of the webpage from your PCs Cache, I think,

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Wentwood 50k – anyone else???’ is closed to new replies.