Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • wentwood 50
  • eskay

Entry opened today for the wentwood 50 enduro, one of my favourite MTB events of the year.

Entry is limited to 400 riders so it usually fills up pretty quickly.

They seem to find a more difficult course each year.

Anyone else doing it?

b45her
    Free Member

i’ve already entered.

boltonjon

Got my entry – 3rd year on the trot

Great event – some amazing singletrack

Can’t wait 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Anyone got a map of last years route. how much actually passed through the actual forest. or was all the course on private land.

eskay

My mate tried to track it but his GPS failed. I am not familiar with the area so don’t know how much was on private land.

I do know though that there seemed to be a disproportionate amount of climbing compared to descending!!

Good day out though, I have done them all so far. A really low key, friendly event.

me1tdown
    Free Member

I’ve entered, never been before but I hear it’s good fun / hard.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just entered, few of the Loco Racing, Loco/Niner team are entered too. Missed out last year so in early this time! 😀

wonnyj
    Free Member

Entered. Missed out for the last 2 years. Everyone says it is fantastic, “best endurance event in Wales” etc.

Looking forward to showing Loco Si how to do xc… 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

No holding me up on the singletrack Wonny :-p

taxi25
    Free Member

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/282867117

this is last years. Great event somehow defies the laws of physics, definitely more up than down.

boltonjon

Taxi 25

There is lots of private land on this course – therefore, sharing GPX files so people can find the course will only jeopardise the race guys

Suggest that the garmin link is removed ASAP – if you want to ride the course, enter the race

On a less serious note – the course is epic – lots of tough climbs followed by amazing singletrack descents – all on one single 30 mile lap

mboy
    Free Member

Just paid my £20 and entered. Have been hearing good things about this one, hope it lives up to the hype!

taxi25
    Free Member

There is lots of private land on this course – therefore, sharing GPX files so people can find the course will only jeopardise the race guys

Fair point, perhaps I’m to trusting and think people would use the information responsibly.
    To late for me to edit, but if the moderators think it could be problem please feel free to delete the Garmin link.

theotherjonv

Really wanted to based on Boltonjon’s recommendation at the weekend, but unfortunately clashes with the wife’s birthday so that’ll be a No then.

DanW
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up. Booked this before it fills up for the first time ever 😀

More than 1000ft climbing per 10km should be… fun… 😕

eskay

Fully booked already!

Alex

Blimey! That has filled in fast. Glad I got in before i went away last week. Keeps me motivated to ride over the winter. It’s a tough day out. Great event tho.

redthunder
    Free Member

Old Route.

Found the answers to my question. Most of it seems with the woods. Many of my old trial’s 🙂

Hope the event doesn’t upset the mx’ers 😉

mooman
    Free Member

I have done it a couple times – last year I did it on a fully rigid. Wrist were sore for a week 😆

It is a really good day out. And as previously stated – it is lots more climbing than descending.

I have been a bit slow this year and missed an entry.
    But every year there have been entries available a week or so beforehand. No doubt I will pick one up.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘wentwood 50’ is closed to new replies.