Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Went further north than Cwmcarn
  • Gilles

Near Pontypool, and I found some great singletracks:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2mYMDTwTqA[/video]

dantsw13

Looks fun!!! Like the vid too.

brodie
    Free Member

Why do you have a computer and a GPS? That’s just greedy isn’t it?

dantsw13

I thought that too!!

sheck

Looks good… How far north of Cwmcarn… Always thought it wold be good to link the Twrch trail with some natural stuff locally to make a decent length loop

awh
    Free Member
    sheck

Thanks for sharing

hambl90
    Free Member

i’ll have to do some exploring up there, being local to abertillery area i’ve ridden over the top above cwmtillery lakes many times but don’t think i’ve come across those before .

silversladey
    Free Member

Shhhh those trails are supposed to be a secret 😀

votchy
    Free Member

Tunnocks Caramel, pah, where was the pig skin????

FuzzyWuzzy

Hmm could be an interesting alternative to Cwmcarn trails, I’m likely being a muppet but how do you export that route from Endomondo?

smiffy

You’re getting near to my neck of the woods there.

w1zard
    Free Member

Hmm could be an interesting alternative to Cwmcarn trails, I’m likely being a muppet but how do you export that route from Endomondo?

I don’t think you can, but the original poster should be able to for you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Always thought it wold be good to link the Twrch trail with some natural stuff locally to make a decent length loop

You can ride almost all the way there off-road from my house in Cardiff. And good off-road too not canals.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

We rode to the top of the Cwmcarn DH run from Crosskeys on monday, a pretty brutal climb. But the fort thing up on Twmbarlwm is interesting, then a steep hillside decent to the top of the concrete ramp on the Twrch trail (followed by a 10 minute fireroad climb to the DH car park).

The plan was to ride over to Machen afterwards, then Sirhowey, but I forgot it gets dark at 4pm…..

I’d like to explore that area a bit more, once you climb up out of the grimness of the valley towns it’s good countryside and riding.

KonaTC

once you climb up out of the grimness of the valley towns it’s good countryside and riding

😆

itsmygame
    Free Member

Guys I live in pontypool and don’t mind showing u around sometime

lloydy2
    Free Member

thanks itsmygame, must warn u i’m not the fastest of riders

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Went further north than Cwmcarn’ is closed to new replies.