Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Welsh road trip info pls
  • Trekster

MrsT and I are contemplating(planning)our summer break which will be in June.
    Heading down from the South of Scotland to the Snowdonia area to begin with in a large! motorhome. MrsT has started looking for sites. We may do 1wk or stretch to 2.
    We(she)want to include a trip up Snowdon(I have biked it)and a trip over to Anglesey which we have not done before. A trip to Coed is on the agenda.
    What I would like to know is (distances) if the coast road down into Pembrokeshire and along to Cardiff is worth doing, what the roads are like and what biking could I find?
    I believe sea kyaking is good in that area and is something I would like to do before my body finally gives up on me 🙄

Cheers

5thElefant
    Free Member

The coast road is shit. It’s for the most part well inland and you’re hard pushed to see the sea. But… There are some cracking beaches and coastal walks, you just need to plan ahead and turn off the ‘coast road’ to get to them. And generally there are very few people as they’re all driving in bewildered boredom on the coast road…

tillydog
    Free Member

And generally there are very few people as they’re all driving in bewildered boredom on the coast road…

…at 25 mph dragging big white sheds whilst tailgating a whole line of others doing the same.

Not my idea of fun!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trekster

…at 25 mph dragging big white sheds whilst tailgating a whole line of others doing the same.

Not my idea of fun!
    😉

molgrips
    Free Member

The coast road through Harlech down to Aberdovey is great, but really in the other direction where you can see the mountains. If it’s really clear, it’s a great opportunity to see the curvature of the earth, as the string of three or four islands gradually reveals itself to be mountains and just one island.

After that though pop over to the A470. West Wales inland is not spectacular scenery.

North to South Wales is a 4.5 hour drive in a car though, even if you go direct.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Welsh road trip info pls’ is closed to new replies.