Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Welly type boots recommendations!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Hi All
    I walk my dogs twice a day and like the convenience of being able to just slip on some waterproof boots and get out the door. my lowther wellies i bought in sept have split so have been returned,

Any recommendations for reasonably priced boots that stay on your feet but will last more than a few months.

Ta

XC

sandwicheater

Cheap Dunlops, £14 in our local shoe shop. Walk our dog twice a day and over the last year think i’ve had them on permanently.

Find they last between 1 & 2 years. I was skeptackle at first but have been fine and fit well.

http://www.wellywarehouse.co.uk/dunlop-dunlop-pricemastor-welly-p-2788.html?osCsid=8b66larnv0c1gufadiicpilm0

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/Pages/default.aspx

Not cheap, but very, very good. My footwear of choice walking my two through the English winter of gloop. Now on my second pair, which last me at least 2 years before they need replacing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ muck boots rock ^^

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah i have looked at muck boots and they seem good but its the price…… mind you it is my feet i’m looking after maybe an early birthday pressie!

benz
    Free Member

Any half decent brand of wellies with Neoprene to keep your feet nice and toasty?

Muck Boot
    Aigle
    Le Chameau

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m considering splashing out on some fancy boots now we’ve got the dog…. any real life shops that you can walk into to try these muckboots on? my foot size changes from 10 to 12 1/2 depending on the brand so dont want to risk ordering online

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

xcgb – when it’s 6:30 am and – 2 outside, and you find yourself standing in the middle of a muddy field, staring at two dogs and wondering why you’re not still in bed, you’ll thank yourself that at least you’ve got lovely warm and dry feet.

I’ve tried cheap Dunlop wellies, and quite frankly, the price difference is truly worth it. If you’re going to wear them twice a day for about 6 month straight, you may as well but something decent.

Phil, try googling something like country stores. They’ll be the best place to look in your area that stock them, so you can try them on.

tuffty
    Free Member

I spend all day in wellies so can recommend Nora dolomites and bekina agrilites not cheap, but comfy and grippy. The agrilites come with a thermal insole too.

bigG
    Free Member

Le Chameau ftw evertime

CountZero

Muckboots FTW. Try uttingsoutdoors.co.uk about the cheapest around. Mine were about £70, or thereabouts, and they’ve been the best buy I’ve made in ages, brilliant boots.

CountZero

xcgb – Member
    Yeah i have looked at muck boots and they seem good but its the price…… mind you it is my feet i’m looking after maybe an early birthday pressie!

They’re cheap compared to the fancy leather ones; £250/pair!
    These at £70 are, frankly, a bargain.
    http://www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk/Product/142/100322/muckboot-co-tay-wellington-boots-green-mbtaym/
    I was wearing mine up on the Ridgeway today, bone-chillingly cold, but my feet were toasty warm, with ordinary socks and a pair of ankle high boot socks in. Walked about five or six miles, and they were, as usual, brilliant. Not as ‘posh’ as
    Aigle or Le Chameau, but they’re to get wet and muddy in, not front a fashion parade.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I’ve just been bought a pair of these, after telling someone I fell in love with them in Finland in 2005…

The most comfortable welly I’ve ever worn. The most gorgeous I’ve ever seen! Viking btw.

headpotdog
    Free Member

Easy. Another vote for Le Chameau. Great fit, durable, warm & great quality. Love ’em 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Welly type boots recommendations!’ is closed to new replies.