• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Wellies – Le Chameau, Aigle or Seeland?
  • benz
    Free Member

Ok, I recognise that some of you might well say – they are only wellies so get the cheapest ones you can…but that is not what I want to hear.

I require some wellies with 5>6mm neoprene (suffer from cold feet and chilblains) to use during the wet and snowy winter months for dog walking and general outdoor activity.

I’m taken with the Seeland Moor Stable ones…

Hunter….no thanks, prefer the nicheness of those with a Continental or Scandinavian name.

DrJ

Here in Scandinavia Hunter are the wells of choice for long-legged blondes 🙂

fazzer1963
    Free Member

I have a pair of French made Aigle boots and are the best so far i have bought. I use to buy Hunters but they close there Scottish made factory down and there now made in CHINA and Brazil.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

What about BOGs?

http://www.bogsfootwear.com

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Disgusted to hear Hunter are now made in China. Who next, Barbour moving production to Taiwan?

dazzlingboy

Had them all – Le Chameau ftw.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here in the UK Hunter are the wellies of choice for chavs.

😉

Have gone so far downhill…..

I have a pair of Le Chameau like this;
    http://www.lechameau.co.uk/index.php?p=productdetail&pid=79&gender=neutral&category=2&prodname=Vierzonord

Only 2mm neoprene, but nice and toasty with good socks. (Robjents in Stockbridge supply me with some lovely stuff!)

Avoid zipped sides if you can. They die very early on.

Stoner will be along soon to recommend Dubarry. He is wrong. Do not listen to him. Dubarry are only good if you look like this

Which he doesn’t.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Le Chameau

How much?!

mt
    Free Member

try The Original Muck Boot Company.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sam, spend good money on your boots and your bed. If you’re not in one, you’re in the other.

Cheap footwear is a false economy.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Aigle, but when last year I lost some brand news wellies on the beach when surfing, I ended up with some Jack Pyke ones from a local farm supplier – £45 and 4mm neorprene – comfiest wellies I’ve ever had so I’d add them to the list given the price of the others!

Rio

Our local outdoor pursuits shop recommended these for Mrs R – http://www.hunter-boot.com/2/9/Shop-Online/Balmoral-Sovereign/BROWN/W23619_BRN.aspx rather than those cheap foreign makes. I would have got them for her if it weren’t for the fact that they didn’t come in the right colour.

Stoner
    Free Member

dont worry flash. mrs S wears the dubarry in this house (she can carry it off, natch). I just have chavvy blue hunters 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mrs S wears the dubarry in this house

She wears them inside?

Whatever next!

To be honest, I thought that Dubarry boots were only ever worn by healthy horsey gels standing in buckets at three day events.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Sealands, for sure.

Are they made here?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Muck Boots here. Only had ’em 9 months, but so far so good. Relatively stiff, so they feel like proper boots, not cheapo wellies. They did a couple of 18 hour days in ankle+ deep sludge and I still was as comfortable as if I’d been wearing my usual Brashers.

VERY wide fitting though – be warned!

thesurfbus
    Free Member

John Norris gets stocks of slight second quality Gum Boots, and they are normally half rrp or less.

tang
    Free Member

Aigle here but worth checking your local farm supply shop or saddler. I’ve some ancient delabled hunters with a broken buckle to rock the disheveled look.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Super cheap, super comfy, super warm….

Dickes rigger boots.

Sadly don’t look so great on the riverbank or on a shoot.

But for dog walking, worth a try.

martymac

i cant speak for their wellies, but i used a pair of la chameux hiking boots daily for 3 years, hiking, driving (including at work on the bus), biking.
    and im a big bloke, i was 23 stone then.
    got a new pair last winter, old ones are still my grotty weather biking boots.
    because of the length of service, they worked out being really cheap.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Le Cham all the way.

jumble
    Free Member

Work outside all day in winter. Tried most. Le Chameau all the way. A joy for your feet.

nuke

Was going to get some Aigle for general dog working etc but settled on Solognac wellies (Decathlon own brand) as getting to compare them all (Aigle/Le Cham/Solognac) in Decathlon the quality and price of the Solognac was hard to beat….they were 45eurs but the equivalent Aigle were 65eurs. This was in France so range may be better than in the UK stores.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Wellies – Le Chameau, Aigle or Seeland?’ is closed to new replies.