Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Wellies
  • bubs

I need some comfortable ones for walking the dog but I live in surrey and have a black lab – help.

nealglover
    Free Member

Muckboots.

Anyone who has worn a pair will agree.
    Anyone who hasn’t will recommend something else. 🙂

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Grubs boots, cheaper version of Muckboots but with a trainer-like sole.

Spin
    Free Member

Get some cheap ones and put in a footbed from an old pair of trainers.

aP
    Free Member

Bogs. Warm and comfy.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Neoprene lined Solognac wellies from Decathlon – amazingly comfortable and warm

burko73

aigle parcours vario with iso neoprene lining if you want winter warmth. Not cheap but mine got worn every day and lasted years. vibram sole and tight ankle fit so designed for walking in not mucking out cowbarns.

monde
    Free Member

For Surrey it has to be either Aigle Parcours or Le Chameau! Or a pair of dubarry’s if you must..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’ve got le chameau ones, rural lincolnshire 😆

orangeboy
    Free Member

Aigle for me nice and warm for the winter and lasting very well.

Scapegoat

Toggi Wanderer plus. . Good quality, as good as Aigle etc, but half the price.

grim168
    Free Member

On my second pair of mucboots. First were derwents and as comfy as slippers. This pair are thursos and at 12 months old have started rubbing one heel like mad. Not sure i’d buy any more.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

The sole fell off my muckboots after about 18 months of fairly gentle use. It couldn’t be glued back on as it was all rotted inside. I sent a polite email to them asking if that was acceptable bearing in mind the sole was barely worn and was told it was normal wear and tear. They also weren’t very comfortable and the neoprene upper tore on a bramble.

I wouldn’t buy any more.

thejesmonddingo

Muckboots.I used to fish in winter in them,and have sat for several hours in temps around -5 and my feet were the only warm thing on me.

CountZero

My Muckboots are still going strong several years on, I think they’re Trents, but they’ve changed the names and the styles have changed slightly. I always wear mine with neoprene boot socks over regular sport socks, and I think that helps keep the inside free from getting sweaty. I must put them back in the car boot, they’re my go-to footwear as soon as it turns a bit wet, and I think nothing of doing a walk anywhere up to nine or ten miles in them.

mtbfix

Got some Decathlon ones with fleecy lining for walking our mutt. They do what is needed for relative cheapness.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Anther muckboot fan here. Game changers.

redthunder
    Free Member

Dunlop

monkeychild
    Free Member

Dunlop

Horrendous!! I own a pair of these abysmal things. Keep my feet cold and don’t fit right 😆 I am going to nosey at the Decathlon ones though.

ajc
    Free Member

Had grubs and they split in 6 months, got my money back. Also had some toggi leather boots that were rubbish. Just got some aigle parcors Iso from decathlon. Super comfy and a different league to the grubs but very expensive.

crossland
    Free Member

My Aigle wellies have lasted at least 6 years, expensive but worth it

Spud

Replaced by decrepit 20 year old (yes that old, although were worse for wear for a while) Hunters with some new ones last month, got a great price on the leather/ neoprene lined one, two different sole thicknesses. If they last as long as the others I’ll be happy as a pig in muck or a rugby watching parent on a sideline.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Also in Aigle neoprene lined ones, most comfy things I’ve ever had on my feet. Warm too.
    Waiting for a winter tyres type comparison thread for wellies…

cudubh

The lining in my muckboots started to wear after a couple of months and blisters the back of my heel nicely. Won’t be buying another pair. Also bought for dog walking duties so get quite a lot of use, but would have expected better at the price I paid. Can’t remember how much but not cheap.

isitafox
    Free Member

Muckboots, I live on a farm and it’s the choice of everyone here. My father in law basically lives in wellies, he’s tried loads of different types over the years as they’re his everyday footwear and always goes back to muckboots, not sure whether mine are the Wetland or the Muckmaster Hi though.
    Also my sister in law works at a kennel so has a pair for walking the dogs as well as a pair for helping out at home. They might be pricey but they stand up to a lot more than most!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Wellies’ is closed to new replies.