Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • well vented trail lid
  • tailsmtb
    Free Member

Went to degla last week and had an off, denting my lid. I’ve been there a lot but it all went wrong as I was on my newish bike for the first time there and I hit a jump too fast and landed mid corner!

I’m fine but I felt the helmet hit the floor so its got me wanting something with more protection but I’d also like it to be very well vented. I’ve seen the bell super and the bluegrass GoldenEye on sale. Anything else fit the well vented, trail/enduro/on trend category?

colournoise

Just got a 2014 Bell Super to replace a Fox Flux. Loved the Flux, but the Super fits way better (admittedly a personal head shape thing) and is better vented.

tailsmtb
    Free Member

Cheers, the flux is another consideration. Interesting to find the bell super is better vented.

CheesybeanZ

I can sweat my own body weight on a normal ride even in winter , I’ve got both the flux and the bell and the bell is slightly better vented with a better retention system imo .

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’ve just got a Bell Super after years with a more XC helmet (Spesh M1 or something) and I absolutely cook in it. It’s not that well vented and with the helmet coming down lower it is hot. And that’s in March.

tailsmtb
    Free Member

Wow that’s a variance in user experience. Has anyone tried the golden eye?

motozulu
    Free Member

Not ‘on trend’ but the Giro Hex is the best vented helmet I’ve owned.

ransos
    Free Member

Not ‘on trend’ but the Giro Hex is the best vented helmet I’ve owned.

Whereas I find it a bit sweaty! I’m liking my new Bell Stoker but haven’t tried it in the summer yet.

coblck
    Free Member

Yep goldeneye superb

vincienup
    Free Member

I find that the Feature is actually fine for me. It *does* matter which position the visor is in – with it ‘down’ you essentially have no airflow.

I’ve found many of the helmets with more/bigger holes actually cause chill problems for me on anything but beautiful Summer days.

CheesybeanZ

Not sure if it helps but I’m bald as a coot and always use a buff type sweat band .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘well vented trail lid’ is closed to new replies.