Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Well, this is bleeding stupid
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I work for a part of our company that has 3 diffrent contracts. One of the contracts has the individual elect which elements (holiday, health care, etc) to take and they use an online system to make the choices. My contract doesn't have this element and I don't mind (happy with my terms).

Now, all of us are apparantly deemed to have the same benefits that we are entitled to (HR told me) and as such we can all do the Cycle to Work Scheme. Good, 'cos I want to do it. BUT the only way that I can do the Cycle to Work scheme is via the online system, but I don't have access to this 'cos I don't have the contract that I have to choose elements from, hence no access to the cycle to work scheme.

So, I said to the HR person, 'so, this is a benefit that I am entitled to, but cannot take teh benefit because I do not & cannot use the online system?' The answer back from HR is 'Yes, that's right, you can't do it'

How **** stupid is that?

What would you do, persue with HR to try to make them see sense or talk to my Staff Forum Rep or Union rep?

Thanks

Smee
    Free Member

I would get them to show you which part of your contract says that you cant do it. Then, when they cant find it tell them to do their job properly.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I would try talking to the most senior HR person you can reasonably get in touch with and approach it from the perspective of wanting to use the cycle to work scheme rather than pointing out the flaws in their system. It's obvious that there are issues but it would be better for them to be self evident to the senior HR person rather than having them pointed out.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

hang on .. Are you a Contract worker and not perm full time employee?

If so

Nuff said!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

no I'm a permie with very nearly 21 years service!

Ambrose

As geetee1972. Don't antagonise people, they have the capacity to get you what you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Well, this is bleeding stupid’ is closed to new replies.