Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • Well this could be interesting, hurricane ophelia
  • scaled
    Free Member

Trees down all over the place here, some biguns too!

jam-bo

Meh. Moved away to the north, who cares now 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have bungeed my wheelie bins and tied up a couple of sunflowers…. Bring it.

Saccades
    Free Member

Power out for ~60% of the town and 2 big trees down, the piers are closed and only 3 pubs open.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Currently stranded in Belfast after all the flights home were cancelled.

I knew bad weather was forecast but shrugged it off after spending the weekend in shirts and t shirt again. I was wrong. Belfast has pretty much shut down so once I managed to get a hotel roon, a mad rush followed to grab toiletries, fresh pants and a phone charger! By 3:30 the place was like a ghost down.

boxelder

Windier up the road from you somafunk

[/url]

maccruiskeen

Has cynical built his aerodynamic shed roof yet?

gerti
    Free Member

9yo daughter takes on Storm Ophelia

00:28 for sea foam face.

Basically it was a wee bit windier than it might normally be on a windy day in the autumn.

Donaghadee, Co Down.

CountZero

Deeply strange quality to the light outside here in the West of Scotland. Only seen it a few times before. Slightly green tinge to it. Eerie.

That green sky is usually the precursor to a tornado in the States, this storm may spawn one or two twisters, but unlikely to be anything significant.

scotroutes

Deeply strange quality to the light outside here in the West of Scotland. Only seen it a few times before. Slightly green tinge to it. Eerie.

The huns will be deeply upset.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Meh. Moved away to the north, who cares now

Not me 😉 It’s just strong gales, it’s been this windy loads of times before and will be again before the years out. It’s just the source being a hurricane that makes it a big thing.
    It’s nothing compared to the 1987 ‘great storm’ which had true 100mph+ hurricane force winds for sustained periods with the loss of an estimated 15million trees.

maccruiskeen

That green sky is usually the precursor to a tornado in the States, this storm may spawn one or two twisters, but unlikely to be anything significant.

Dispite being something we associate with the US apparently the Uk (more particularly England) gets more tornadoes per sq mile than anywhere else in the world.

Interesting fact that.

I probably read it in the Daily Express ( apparently there’s a new miracle tornado that will cure princess Di’s chronic arthritis during the snow-heatwave but immigrants will steal it)

Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Well this could be interesting, hurricane ophelia’ is closed to new replies.