Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Well there's a first!
  • ski
    Free Member

Been threatened with the sack & then offered a promotion on the same day, with the same firm!

Can anyone beat that?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I was beaten whilst in a sack and made to listen to Bad Company and then The Firm, all in the space of half an hour.

ski
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member

I was beaten whilst in a sack and made to listen to Bad Company and then The Firm, all in the space of half an hour.

I think I got off lightly GG 😉

almightydutch
    Free Member

I was made redundant by a company in financial trouble….then hired less than a month later by the new owners for more money and a nicer holiday package.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I know someone who was both fired and hired in the same day by the same person. The firer/hirer was called Sugar. 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

I bumped into a guy at my place today, a few months back he was out on redundancy, he took a huge payout, got a job at an IT outsourcer and his first role was being bodyshopped back into our place at a much higher day rate.

Nice work if you can get it.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I get sacked on an almost daily basis.

freddyg
    Free Member

I was kicked in the sack whilst standing on a ladder

ski
    Free Member

The best bit, it was the same person trying to sack me, then promote me!

Boy, do I need to have a good ride tonight 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sugar Tits?

Cougar

Been threatened with the sack & then offered a promotion on the same day, with the same firm!

Happened to me in the same sentence.

Friday afternoon meeting, “times are hard and we’ll have to make some cuts. Cougar, you’ll either be made redundant or promoted to Senior Engineer. That’s all, have a good weekend.”

I got halfway home before I cracked and rang one of the director’s mobiles to go “wait, WTF?”, turned out that I was being promoted but they couldn’t tell me that in front of everyone else. Could’ve, y’know, emailed me or something? Bah.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ski – Member

Boy, do I need to have a good ride tonight

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Sugar Tits?

Get a room!

😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Well there's a first!’ is closed to new replies.