Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Well the interview went ok…
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So good I got the job!
    A promotion from band 3 to 4 but less money (don’t ask) less hours, no ‘shifts’ as such, no fitness test (which wasn’t a problem really), no annual c&r training, no more fighting with prisoners, no more wearing a white shirt & walking round like Robocop, no more running for general alarms & hoping your mate’s not getting a good kicking (I’ll still do that when possible actually) no more sorting prisoners problems out that other people have caused or not seen to. Finish no later than 5, & 1 on a Friday too, although I’ll still be doing every other weekend.

Happy me!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Congrats

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Well done that man, never envied the folks in the prison service. Enjoy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

Well done !

– The reduced hours’ll cramp your wife’s style a bit, mind 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks Junky,

The reduced hours’ll cramp your wife’s style a bit, mind

It’ll give me more time to keep an eye on her. 😀

Well done that man, never envied the folks in the prison service. Enjoy

Still prison service, different role.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I realise that mate, just glad it looks like your dealing with the inmates a bit less!.

Drac

Well done.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good work. One step closer eh… 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Congrats.

I wouldn’t ever normally suggest having less money, but that sounds like a worthwhile trade..!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I realise that mate, just glad it looks like your dealing with the inmates a bit less!.

Just a titchy bit though, the job is Waste Management & I’ll still have a fair sized party of lads to look after which hopefully will include helping them to attain an NVQ in that subject, which ultimately would help them get jobs on release. I’ll need (& want) to do a course that’ll enable me to do that. Looking forward to it.

I’m 59, WTF am I doing!!

@Greatape, are you a detective????

bearnecessities

Well done that man. Good work! 🙂

maccruiskeen

One step closer eh…

thegreatape
    Free Member

@Greatape, are you a detective????

As it happens, yes, but that ^ is just down to a good memory 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

As it happens, yes, but that ^ is just down to a good memory

Well done mate!
    My memory is so bad I thought it would let me down so I didn’t do any swotting till 2 hours before the interview!
    1st question didn’t go well, ‘so you read the job description?’ ‘yes, probably’

thegreatape
    Free Member

If I was an interviewer that would get you some points straight away. I am unlikely to be given such a responsibility though.

honeybadgerx

I thought this was to do with asking the wife what she was up to the other night…

aracer
    Free Member

I thought we’d already established she was playing doctors and nurses

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

1st question didn’t go well, ‘so you read the job description?’ ‘yes, probably’

that didn’t go so well for me……
    “Shame, we’re not going to interview you for the job you applied for, how do you fancy this job instead?”
    Hands me a different job description.

Bugger.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It was daft. After the interview I thought, ‘if I don’t get it I can’t complain, it went ok but there’s got to be someone who did better’ (I’m not that self confident!)
    I think what swung it was my interest in the role & the amount of questions I chucked in. When the boss said ‘have you any questions’ & I pulled out a ream of paper & said ‘a few’, he said, ‘It gets dark at half four you know’. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

A boss with a sense of humour, bonus.

MoreCashThanDash

Well done, trying something new and going for it after doing such a tough job so far.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Well the interview went ok…’ is closed to new replies.