Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Well that's spoilt my holiday somewhat
  • cheers_drive

3 weeks ago it was announced that our department was being restructured. The results of the restructure were to be announced today and as I’m on abroad on holiday they asked if I’d dial in to the conference call.
    I wish I hadn’t now as they’ve put me on consultation. Not a total surprise as I haven’t been busy for a while but a shit thing to announce whilst I’m on holiday.
    It’s going to be hard for us to enjoy the rest of the holiday now as all I want to do is find another job fast.
    I’m now off to get shit faced 🙁

rudebwoy
    Free Member

sue them for mental anguish and a ruined holiday….

andrewh
    Free Member

You now have no reason to return and can stay somewhere sunny all winter 😀 Think positive

Onzadog
    Free Member

I know you’ll not be comforted by this until it’s over but I’ve been through it as have a number of people I know. Every last one of us has been better off for it.

I kept my job in the restructure but it was enough of a kick in the pants for me to find a better job anyway.

Feel free to get pissed tonight, but do it because you’re on holiday, not because work has done that. They can only spoil your holiday if you let them. Actually, it’s the perfect time to get stuff straight in your mind without normal life distracting you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Well that's spoilt my holiday somewhat’ is closed to new replies.