Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Well thats me £20.00 down thank goodness…
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Key broke in Kryptonite lock with bike parked up in a rough town.Took half an hour for the locksmith to break open the thing.Hacksaws and bolt cutters were no good we needed to use his power drill.Anyway,what’s all this media bullshit about bikes that are locked are still easy to steal?The guy had a sweat on trying to break my £30.00 lock.No wonder my steed has never been stolen.Anyway me and the banshee are home safe and it didn’t break the bank to achieve it.PS the police who tell us to buy good locks to save them work didn’t give a shit about helping me.Which I won’t forget.Neil.

molgrips
    Free Member

Er, yeah.

Bike thieves are better at breaking locks than locksmiths.

wiggles
    Free Member

You called the police to tell them your bike was locked up?

Poopscoop

5 pages at least? 😉

maccruiskeen

Bike thieves are better at breaking locks than locksmiths.

indeed. Thieves are in a hurry and don’t care whether they damage the bike whatever its locked to.

Similarly the AA will take longer to get into you car when you’re locked out than a guy with half a brick will.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The lock smith needs a battery angle grinder.

Power drill?! Bloody amateur.

Drac

Ur pen iz not a Bic?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

my steed

Delete your account.

federalski
    Free Member

£20 sounds a bargain.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Tell us more about this outrageous police response.

dirtyboy

My makita cordless grinder cut through my kryptonite evo in about 15 seconds with a 1mm disc

wrightyson
    Free Member

4 inch battery grinder. Slitting disc, 30 seconds absolute max time. Id be awsy before the third 9 was dialled. All kit I’ve got in my van. However I’m not a bike thief.

curto80
    Free Member

So the locksmith gave you a tenner for his trouble?

Cougar

my steed

Delete your account.[/quote]

My first thought also.

Drac

Tell us more about this outrageous police response.

Hey! It was life or death should of had PLATO response.

somouk
    Free Member

PS the police who tell us to buy good locks to save them work didn’t give a shit about helping me

I sense you told them that you pay their wages and they should help you…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

my steed

*reports to RSPCA for leaving a horse locked to something*

Get in the sea.

thegreatape
    Free Member

PLATO response

Should I know what this means? 😀

jimdubleyou

PLATO response

Should I know what this means? [/quote]

Jason?

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t listen to them, OP.

Call your bike what you want.

Poopscoop

Jamie – Member
    Don’t listen to them, OP.

Call your bike what you want.

Girlfriend?

bigjim

Please say you dialled 999 to report it and you’ll go viral

Watty

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mtY_MUfQmHE[/video]
    John Steed.

mattyfez

The barrels /cylinders in my kryptonite stick from time to time.. The trick is not to force it, if the key sticks, or doesn’t go in all the way, dump a load of wd40 into into the barrel and it will wiggle free.

wallop

So, just checkin’ – you’re moaning that the police didn’t give a shit… even though a crime hadn’t been committed? Or have I missed something?

jambourgie
    Free Member

How did the locksmith know it was your bike?

In fact – what’s to stop anyone turning up to a nice house while the owners are on holiday and having a locksmith open it up. Before emptying the place one could even have the locksmith invoice the actual owners of the house 😀

Poopscoop

They sent their best though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

He must have got through to the Keystorn Cops.

Aidy
    Free Member

Try dropping Kryptonite’s warranty department a line – when my lock jammed they seemed perfectly happy to pay for reasonable locksmith charges and replace the lock.

I do use the spendier ones though, dunno if they support their cheaper ones to the same degree.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I was parked outside a police headquarters!You know,those guys who smash into peoples houses with all the equipment.Asked for help at the desk(little lass from G4S),she rang a Sargent who couldn’t help me.Hope the same happens to him or his family one dark night in the cold and damp.PS I,m happy with the £20.00 bill and pleased that some members of the public did help and show some concern.As for the police in there nice warm office,I won’t be helping them in future.

dirkpitt74

Still not sure what help you wanted (or expected) from the Police.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

My key broke half way in and was jammed.I wouldn’t of dreamt of ringing the police but I was actually at a Police HQ.Interested to hear what you guys would have done in such circumstances.Been hypocrites as usual I suppose.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Dirk,they will have equipment to break a broken lock you know.We buy them that equipment and pay there salaries to boot.As someone who’s gone out of his way to help the police in the past,a little bit of help in a difficult situation would have been nice.But as my mate Ian said,they only care about the rich.

Poopscoop

As for the police in there nice warm office,I won’t be helping them in future.

Poopscoop

Sorry op, couldn’t help the above!

Not showing any malice I want to make clear, this is stw though and I’ve learnt the hard way that any chink in your armour is exploited/used against you for amusement!

Don’t take it to heart and for what it’s worth they could have earnt themselves a bit of good PR from helping you but I guess they just haven’t got the man power these days with massive cuts etc.

Glad you got it sorted anyway bud. That’s what counts. 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

It’s ok,I try to stop and help people in difficulty.Guess I’m nieve to expect the same from others.I was lucky I could find somebody to come out at this time of night/year.The idea of leaving the bike there overnight was a non starter.Also,I had mild suspicions about one of the local characters in the station entrance.He seemed to be taking a strong interest when I was locking the bike up.Doubt he could have interfered with the lock mechanism though.

Poopscoop

No, way, no way I would have left it over night either. Not round here anyway!

I think most cyclists actually do kind of help each other if possible. I certainly couldn’t ride past someone with a mechanical without at last checking they don’t need any help/tools to borrow.

I think it’s that way of thinking that makes it difficult when others don’t or cannot help I guess.

I have to say, considering the lock guy has you over a barrel (NO pun intended) really, he was actually pretty reasonable at £20. Small blessing I suppose!

chip
    Free Member

Police…… that was where you went wrong.
    The fire brigade was the ones you wanted. Pffft amateur.

Gunz
    Free Member

my steed
    *reports to RSPCA for leaving a horse locked to something*

Get in the sea

Weak, weak joke reference to nomenclature we’ve all got over, allied to a meme Desk O’Connor would roll his eyes at. Give the guy a break for being human and an individual; because the internet has left you behind.

Kato

monkeycmonkeydo – Member
    Dirk,they will have equipment to break a broken lock you know

We don’t. You want a locksmith.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Well thats me £20.00 down thank goodness…’ is closed to new replies.