Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Well that was scary!
  • footflaps

Alas there is no one on this forum who has sufficient levels of driving skill combined with decades of experience to really tell us the exact percentage of blame to apportion to each party.

I phone up Smurfmat, and apparently he was 100% in the clear and it was 100% the Yaris’ fault for getting in the way of him giving Lewis Hamilton a lesson in making progress.

jam-bo

Would the Yaris driver have had a crash if the BMW wasn’t overtaking towards a blind crest?

jimjam
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

Would the Yaris driver have had a crash if the BMW wasn’t overtaking towards a blind crest?

Not if he’d been driving a 911 Turbo.

aracer
    Free Member

He wouldn’t have had a crash if he’d stayed at home in bed
    0/100

jam-bo

100% Yaris drivers fault for getting out of bed then.

maxtorque

Total lack of observation, failure to judge speed, and the panic, over-reaction on the brakes, leading to a loss of control.

Unfortunately that’s a classic in-experienced / young driver kinda thing, and why stability control was invented…….

mickmcd
    Free Member

Good job he didn’t hit the dry stone wall it’s 60 quid a meter to fix

Houns

No double white lines……

Jamie
    Free Member

*calls time out*

Don’t forget the type of action camera he is using has a mild fish eye effect, thus making perspectives all a bit off. The BMW seems further away than it probably was.

Right, carry on.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Didn’t the Yaris avoid a baby robin..
    1/10, not drinking a Costa whilst making progress, not enough ginsters and Gregg’s wrappers in the car, and he didn’t lose an Orange 5 from the rack on the back.
    I reckon the BMW driver was Ronnie Pickering….

martymac

Who?

funkmasterp

I think we have all overlooked what is truly to blame here, the hill. If it wasn’t there or the lazy road builders had flattened it none of this would have happened.

CountZero

I reckon the BMW driver was Ronnie Pickering Acona …

😀

footflaps

I blame Thatcher….

dannyh
    Free Member

Two nobheads, both driving irresponsibly, one too fast, one overtaking. Accident ensues.

Meanwhile in Oregon a bear is spotted shitting in the woods and in Rome, the pope confirms he is indeed catholic.

So long as no one innocent is hurt, I really couldn’t give a toss.

However, idiots like these two often involve totally innocent people in their dangerous driving. Surely the cops can chuck the book at the pair of them given the footage?

martinhutch

Well, one of them got done for dangerous driving…

singletrackmind

Yaris driver puts 2 nearside wheels on the grass verge . Co-efficient of drag is greatly reduced , hits the brakes hard and the car swerves into dry stone wall and rolls.
    I doubt he had done alot of high speed retardation practise to know what happens when you really need to stop in a hurry. 1ltr Yaris also probably not got great tyre footprint either , and no airbag deployed unless I am blind

Jamie
    Free Member

Two nobheads, both driving irresponsibly, one too fast, one overtaking. Accident ensues.

Meanwhile in Oregon a bear is spotted shitting in the woods and in Rome, the pope confirms he is indeed catholic.

So long as no one innocent is hurt, I really couldn’t give a toss.

However, idiots like these two often involve totally innocent people in their dangerous driving. Surely the cops can chuck the book at the pair of them given the footage?

You didn’t read the thread/watch both vids now did you?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Or use a k!

dannyh
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    Or use a k!

POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I thought ‘nob’ was the proper spelling. It certainly was on the desks at school.

jimjam
    Free Member

singletrackmind – Member

Yaris driver puts 2 nearside wheels on the grass verge . Co-efficient of drag is greatly reduced ,

By what percentage is the drag coefficient reduced would you say?

Daffy

Just Brexit init? Johnny Foreigner (obviously…they were driving on the right) trying to get out before the curtain comes down.

Rorschach
    Free Member

There are a lot of people practicing retardation tonight.

jimmy

60 quid a meter to fix

By who? I need a patio fixing at those rates

tjagain

dannyh – Member

I thought ‘nob’ was the proper spelling. It certainly was on the desks at school.

Nob is pejorative slang for a posh person ( nobility) knob is the handle on your cupboard

dufusdip
    Free Member

Or a slang term for a gentleman’s sausage, if you delve further than the suggested Google definition.

globalti
    Free Member

Thank God there wasn’t a cyclist or a club or a bunch of D of E students trudging up the road, it is used by lots of cyclists and the D of E crowd.

tjagain

Gentlemans sausage? Butcher Cumberland?

njee20
    Free Member

Thank God there wasn’t a cyclist or a club or a bunch of D of E students trudging up the road, it is used by lots of cyclists and the D of E crowd.

Did you really just say that?

FuzzyWuzzy

The Yaris driver was going way too fast for a blind crest, especially for someone with such poor car control. Sure the BMW driver is also at fault and deserves to be punished for over-taking going into a blind crest but what would have happened if it had just been a few slow moving cyclists the other side of the crest (on the Yaris driver’s side), or a stationary car that had broken down? I still think he’d have ended up in an accident.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Well that was scary!’ is closed to new replies.