Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Well that was muddy!
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Two and a bit hours blast to try and burn off the excess pounds. 😯

Family duties tomorrow but how many more rides left to make room for Xmas lunch?? Only one – that’s probably not enough to justify big pig out !!!

Still 7 pounds gone in a week thanks to a bit of skiing and one ride. Need to double that before new year.

allthepies
    Free Member

Where did you go THM ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Quick blast around punch bowl/thiursley and hankley. But the really muddy bits were closer to home.

Tried to ride pitch hill road to punch bowl hard in vain attempt to make room for the Xmas roasters. Glad I did the shorter loop as the 3 hr version wit crooksbury snd puttenhsm might have been too tiring today.

Had v busy last 6 months and put a few too many pounds on 😳

Will be better in ‘18 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

Nice. Crooksbury and Puttenham are good all-weather tracks 🙂

Carrying too much lard here too, need to hit the (Surrey) Hills hard in ’18.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glad to hear that you are riding again.

My MIL already posted photos of her unrecognisable SIL – I was head to toe in mud and bike had just come from service!! Oops. There has been some track laying across thursley with lots of new sand which won’t have done the bike any good.

Still at least it wasnt cold or raining

jekkyl

had a nuddy ride myself last night, start the ride mincing round the puddles…. end the ride blasting through them at top speed shouting ‘RARRRRR’

NewRetroTom

had a nuddy ride myself last night, start the ride mincing round the puddles…

Mincing naturist! Hope it was at least dark.

shinton
    Free Member

Delamere was a mudfest yesterday but with mud tyres and a mudguard I had a really good ride. All good for the fitness come the spring.

molgrips
    Free Member

Glad to see you on a bike thread again THM 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Ta, had a pretty good biking year actually. Highlight being a 45 mile offroad ride from home (Aldershot area) to Peaslake and back. Even went past Clapton’s place, not sure if he was in.

globalti
    Free Member

33 miles with 2200 feet of climb on the roadie today round Whitewell, Slaidburn and over to Sawley and Clitheroe. It was warm, damp, miserable and very mucky.

deadkenny
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Nice. Crooksbury and Puttenham are good all-weather tracks

Love the run from Crooksbury to Puttenham. Though not been sure about it in this weather so haven’t been for ages.

P-Jay
    Free Member

BPW for me yesterday, Surfing Bird, might have well used a Surf Board, Root Manoeuvres and 50 shades worse I’m told.

Still, a lot of fun.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I never come back from skiing lighter no matter how hard I ski 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambas the difference was this was just me and v fit older son. First lift to last lift every day, short lunch breaks, no queues (hence no rests), flat out on piste and mainly steep, deep powder. Worked my butt off!! 😉

Grands massif boot camp 😉

ATP is Clapton’s house the one over by Pitch Hill? You probably went past one or both of Roger Taylor’s houses too

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, that’s the one. Roger T owns Puttenham Priory, not sure which other bits of Surrey he’s hoovered up.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A friend owns his first house near Thursday 😉

Kryton57

Off to Peaslake tomorrow. Looks like I’d better take the pressure washer and wear longs…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Clapton’s house (ex house I think) is just down from The Windmill. Have been riding by when a bus load of tourists stopped for photos 😯

Kryton well if you ride mainly Holmbury it will be dry. Pitch always quite wet in the winter. Please don’t trash the trails.

dannyh
    Free Member

For all the arguing, rucking and bitching that goes on on here, I’m still happy for you getting out and riding!

Embrace the filth.

Sadly, unless I perk up a lot before tomorrow morning it is going to be a ride-less weekend. A bloody cold has struck just as I’m getting a few days off work. Bugger.

gregsd
    Free Member

used to love riding round the PB/Hankley/Thursley but now a distant memory, well not that distant as we only moved away yesterday (Thursday)! One last walk around Hankley with the dog on Tuesday and almost wished I wasn’t moving to Herefordshire. Enjoy it!

deadkenny
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Yup, that’s the one. Roger T owns Puttenham Priory

Yeah, I’d heard that. Was trying to check it out on Google. Brian May is up in Windlesham, amongst the badgers.

Kryton well if you ride mainly Holmbury it will be dry

It was getting to saturation point the other week. Yog Pots living up to its name. Van Gough / (**** Off Dave as was called) was a right slop. Talking of which, there’s logging in that area now and not sure if we may be losing some of those trails.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I once cooked mackerel for both Roger T and Eric C.

Roger owns a place just down the road from some friends in Cornwall. I was in charge of the barbie, and we had a bucket load of mackerel to cook. I was handing it out and looked up to see the pair of them, handing me their plates and saying, “Ooooh, that looks good!”.

Had a very pleasant evening chatting to them once I’d stopped cooking. Nice people.

Kryton57

Crikey that was muddy. Some of the Rooty single track around the top Holmbury & Leith are OK and Barry was dry but everything else was wet.

Good ride though, and the Pork & Leek pie was awesome as usual. Not many about (although we started at 8am)

kimbers

Woburn wasn’t too bad on the church side today, but they’ve plowed over Welsh shed!

Still had to do a quick hose down on the bike.

What I didn’t do was take my lights, still, we’ve passed the solstice so it’s freewheeling all the way to summer now!

Xmas fairies, been busy in the woods

qwerty
    Free Member

Mud up to your gusset is what CX bikes are for 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Well that was muddy!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts