Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,006 total)
  • Well scotland didnt get independance, thread
  • Northwind

Tell you something, Glasgow police are shit at kettling.

Jamie
    Free Member

Tell you something, Glasgow police are shit at kettling.

Dunno about that. Looks quite neat and tidy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lrybeUXIg

Northwind

5 minutes ago there was a dude on a skateboard using them as a slalom course

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah but that’s surely not the entire crowd ?

Northwind

Circle pit!

imnotverygood

Yeah but that’s surely not the entire crowd ?

No, of course not. There’s the woman with the red hair standing on the grass.

Northwind

I can’t stop reading the commentary. “I NOMINATE EVERYONE HERE FOR THE LAVA BUCKET CHALLENGE”

“Check that guy prancing around waving his finger and flapping his flag/cape like a camp neo-Nazi “superhero”. ”

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh..

Northwind

Unexpected place for a conversation about Deep Space 9 though

<edit- on which note, “JON LUC PICARD PUMPED YER MAW”

squirrelking
    Free Member

Traitor Watch? Sounds like a copycat group basing themselves on Settler Watch, effing morons the lot of them.

As for George Square, not surprised at that either. Not political, just a bunch of scumbags out for a fight. Unless you actually live with and work amongst such folk you will NEVER understand the mentality (and even then it’s mostly incomprehensible).

And all those who are saying that the referendum has caused some sort of long lasting rift (I even saw the word ‘sectarian’ bandied about at some point by someone who clearly doesn’t understand the meaning of teh word) through the entire country – bugger off. Disagreements may be had but I don’t know anyone who’s fallen out with someone over it who wasn’t a moron anyway.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Glasgow will get punished for rejecting the union,

could you explain this, or is it just project feart?

bainbrge

British citizens using Russia Today to spread propaganda…bring back McCarthy.

somafunk

If that’d been the YES campaigners after winning the vote i imagine they’d be dancing a Caleigh in George Square with the police in full swing, rather than needing to be corralled like errant sheep.

Ho-Hum…lets hope these 3 party promises turn out to be beneficial for the entire country, something good may still come out of this referendum.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith. Gawd bless’er

you forgot “the Duke of Lancaster”

I look forward to the restoration of palatine powers to the old county

seosamh77
    Free Member

somafunk – Member
    If that’d been the YES campaigners after winning the vote i imagine they’d be dancing a Caleigh in George Square with the police in full swing, rather than needing to be corralled like errant sheep.

Ho-Hum…lets hope these 3 party promises turn out to be beneficial for the entire country, something good may still come out of this referendum.
    tbh, my mood is starting to lift, in part due to sitting watching them and due to ernies last statement to me.

My thoughts are turning to how do we go forward with the movement from here, I don’t know how but we can’t let these bastard win.

Leaving it to westminster is not the answer.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

British citizens using Russia Today to spread propaganda…bring back McCarthy

its screen caps taken from their webcam that is streaming on youtube. Its live, no commentary or editorialising.

Plenty of other footage out there on social media – racist and sectarian chanting, nazi salutes, homophobic abuse, assaults and so on – none of which appears on thr Russia Today feed.

aracer
    Free Member

You spotted any crime in the second video or do I need to spell that out aswell?

Filming in portrait?

You’ve found some videos of idiots getting a bit punchy on a Friday night in a big city, well done you. For sure they’ve found a different reason to get punchy than usual, but that’s all it is, just a different reason for them. Next week they’ll be back to being punchy because their team lost.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    You spotted any crime in the second video or do I need to spell that out aswell?
    Filming in portrait?

You’ve found some videos of idiots getting a bit punchy on a Friday night in a big city, well done you. For sure they’ve found a different reason to get punchy than usual, but that’s all it is, just a different reason for them. Next week they’ll be back to being punchy because their team lost.

nah forget them, there are the opposite of what the yes movement stood for, that cannot and will not die.

aracer
    Free Member

They’re the opposite of what any reasonable political movement stands for. I’m not sure it makes any sense to blame them on one side or the other – the same of course goes for any idiots who the unthinking suggest are typical for the Yes side. I’m really not sure that pointing out thugs and saying “our side is better than that” really shows anybody in a very good light.

aracer
    Free Member

Believe me, I’d love more than anything not to have to say I told you so.

I have to admit I’m glad it’s not me saying that to you.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aracer, you viewed the yes movement through the glare of a TV screen. That wasn’t it. It was so much more. And it wasn’t nationalist. If it can manifest itself within a UK context I’d be all for it. If it doesn’t. I’ll be back to independence.

Time will tell how that plays out. I wasn’t kidding when I said I’m not a nationalist. Neither was a substantial chunk of the yes movement imo.

The spur for me to get back to positivity is irrelevant, just so happens it was them.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not entirely sure what you think I’ve said that you’re arguing against.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Tbh I don’t really think I’m speaking to you, rather than just thinking out aloud! 😆

aracer
    Free Member

You’ve been drinking? 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

No just in a bad place today. The no vote wasn’t the only bad news I got(turned out alright but it nearly tipped me!) Been a right shitty day tbh. The clouds are lifting though. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Good luck then!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cheers. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

My thoughts are turning to how do we go forward with the movement from here, I don’t know how but we can’t let these bastard win.

Democracy hey, it’s a bummer! 😉

bearGrease

And it wasn’t nationalist.

The clue is in the N of the name, SNP.

bearGrease

how do we go forward with the movement from here

Well you have a long way to go. If it had been a constituency election with 28/32 regions registering a vote against the nationalists it would have been a massive defeat for them. The country didn’t want it.

A margin of >10% for openness and common sense meaning a long way to go to get the 1% needed for a win. This isn’t a margin won at the last moment by the mythical Project Fear, it’s the considered opinion of the vast majority of people.

With Salmond gone and Swinney not believing in independence the SNP will be a spent force for years to come.

The secessionist proposal was firmly beaten.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If it had been a constituency election with 28/32 regions registering a vote against the nationalists it would have been a massive defeat for them. The country didn’t want it. A margin of >10% for openness and common sense meaning a long way to go to get the 1% needed for a win. This isn’t a margin won at the last moment by the mythical Project Fear, it’s the considered opinion of the vast majority of people.

Indeed.

molgrips
    Free Member

+1 seosamh, and well spoken.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Democracy hey, it’s a bummer! 😉

You ought to tone down the smugness THM. Most people who voted Yes did so because they thought it was the best for their country. It is particularly devastating when you witness a development which you perceive to be seriously detrimental to your country and your country’s future.

To those who have been left deeply disappointed by the result of the referendum believe me I understand that feeling. Just remember that nothing is over for ever and that other battles will lie ahead. The goal for a better society need never be abandoned even if we aren’t always able to follow the preferred road.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Six arrests and no confirmation of a stabbing. How does that compare with the average Friday night in Glasgow or any other major city?

bearGrease

You ought to tone down the smugness

We’ve been subject to their braveheart patriotism for more than two years. If the defeated side can’t cope with two days of internet debate they need a dose of MTFU.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

We’ve been subject to their braveheart patriotism for more than two years.

45% of Scots are guilty of “braveheart patriotism” ? How do you intend to deal with that and over come it ….. with smugness ? 🙄

Edit for your edit : “can’t cope with two days of internet debate they need a dose of MTFU. “

You would struggle to call “Democracy hey, it’s a bummer!” a debating point. Would you like parliamentary debates to conducted along those lines……and some accuse politicians of being childish.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Quite. You either accept the democratic process or you don’t, we have been subjected to a debate framed by BS which could have created chaos for us. The democratic process ensured that didn’t happen, while tolerating the BS, as it does. I prefer freedom of speech – unlike AS.

This moaning about the result has it’s limits. More people wanted something different. That’s how it works.

Junkyard
    Free Member

anyone can cope with it but the real question is is it helpful?

Would smugness have helped you come to terms had they won? or would the hand of peace and delicate consideration have been better received?

A margin of >10%

Its 5% as a 5 % percent swing is all that is required, That is not a massive tbh. – it is critical they lost in almost all areas though as the whole country , pretty much, thought no.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

More people wanted something different. That’s how it works.

Yeah but you being smug about it all makes you look a ****.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In your (incorrect) opinion

Anyway contrast

ernie_lynch – Member
    that is seriously one of the most dim witted posts I’ve ever seen on here
    It’s from bloodynora. None of Nora’s posts are anything other than dimwitted[.

With a half a joke about democracy. Then look in the mirror. Who is behaving like an ****?

Better still go for a ride, that’s my choice. Have a nice day whatever you choose.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,006 total)

The topic ‘Well scotland didnt get independance, thread’ is closed to new replies.