Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Well I've finally done it (motorcycle content)
  • momo

I’ve just purchased my first bike, almost 11 years after passing my test, a ’99 Suzuki GSX-R 750. Picking it up tomorrow morning, to say that I’m excited is an understatement!

To help keep me sane until tomorrow lets have a show me your motorbikes thread.

RustySpanner

First bike?!?
    Excellent. 😀

I had a GP100, times have changed eh?
    Bit like this, but more knackered.

Let’s have a picture before the inevitable….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Crikey – have you ridden in that time? If not – be careful!

I keep looking longingly at bikes but I will probably bottle it and get a Lotus Elise/Exige when money allows.

theflatboy
    Free Member

be careful. 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Saucy! Hope you enjoy it, just take it steady at first. Cant do the photo link thing to put a picture of my bike up, but I doubt you’d want to see it anyway (Harley streetbob).

totalshell

enjoy… although my fav bike at the moment is Klonk my 1980 c90 bought for 120 quid 35 quid to get through MOT and just back from a holiday in fort william.. proper biking

RustySpanner

barnsleymitch – Member
    ……but I doubt you’d want to see it anyway (Harley streetbob).

Oh go on, let’s have a picture.

Still fancy a Sportster. Those new 48’s look great.

kayak23

I had one of these beauties…

theflatboy
    Free Member

this thread reminded me to look at bikes. i just found an awesome website:

http://www.bikeexif.com/

Kato

First bike eh? Stay safe two wheeled brother! A rather staid 600 Hornet here

redthunder
    Free Member

Surgeons on stand by 😉

Dont be a donor. Get some more training, consider the courses the Police offer.

…off to dig out my old bike pix.

epicsteve
    Free Member

This is my current no.1 bike:

My son got his first bike recently:

redthunder
    Free Member

@epic steve.

Love the blue bin pannier 🙂

RustySpanner

Nah, can’t be a youngster, he’s wearing Samba!
    That’s you isn’t it?

donsimon
    Free Member

I had one of these beasts, great fun.

Be careful and enjoy.

LoCo
    Free Member

IMG00111-20101028-1126 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

SRX 608 rebuild still on going and tweaks but keeping original

IMG00195-20110531-0932 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

ZX7R race pipe, all filters stacks and headwork, plus 10 to 20 bhp over standard and K tech done suspension which needs looking at and a service.

momo

Loco, very nice, are you doing a complete restoration?

I have been riding in the mean time, my house mate has a GSX-R 600 that I’m insured to ride, but whenever I’ve had chance to buy a bike of my own, something has come up to swallow all my spare cash. One of my friends is a track instructor (and road racer) so will be spending quite a bit of time with him to brush up on my technique again.

Keep the pictures coming, it’s helping me as I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas to come!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

be careful…the 750 is a handful(ive had 2)i would concur with the police course too…i did the honda course and it was awesome

druidh
    Free Member

Not my first motorbike…

… but my first fatbike!!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Nah, can’t be a youngster, he’s wearing Samba!
    That’s you isn’t it?

I think I’ve probably got pics of my on my own 50cc as a teenager with Samba’s on.

Not with Samba’s but here’s a pic of me on my own first bike:

Northwind

What’s that, last of the SRADs? Lovely… People’ll say you’ll kill yourself, well maybe you will but the 750s are pretty good at going slow, too. Better be blue and white!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

First bike

Yamaha TY80 First of my 3 trial bikes
    Last bike

RGV250- not hyper fast ( topped out around the 130 mark) but boy did it handle. On the a+ b roads in the south lake district it certainly embarrassed a few bigger bikes.

singlecrack
    Free Member

IMG_9104 by jerrypc69, on Flickr

But it could be up for sale soon as I’ve not ridden it in about a year 😥

druidh
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w – I had a Mk 1 Gamma. best handling bike I ever owned and I would overtake bigger bikes on the outside of corners….

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Druidh- mmm nice bike 😉 Are you like me and get all nostalgic when a two stroke goes past and you get a wiff of the exhaust fumes?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve owned a few 2-strokes but this one was my favourite:

I think I need to get myself another.

I’ve still got a 2-stroke Gas-Gas but haven’t ridden it for a few years. The only smoker I’ve ridden recently was my sons Aprilia which, despite being a 50cc and therefore slow, was still kind of fun for a little while.

stevie750

[/url][/img]

mine

LoCo
    Free Member

stevie750

that’s the one! 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Gamma Gamma Hey the original Gamma was amazing when it came out. Nothing on the road had handled like it. Loved it so much.

RustySpanner

Oooooh, a Magnum.

Nice one too.

What’s the engine, not a 900 by the looks of it?

Those clip on’s don’t look too comfy 🙂

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

momo – enjoy your Gixxer. Late 90’s / early noughties sports bike rock – they’re from a time when IL4s still had mid-range.

Here’s my Tuono – mid-range a-plenty 😀 I love it!

porter_jamie

a gsxr750 as a first bike! brave man.
    Donnington park

cadwell, of course
    1991 TZ250 chassis, rotax 604 engine

R1, IOM

here’s one i made earlier

stevie750

it’s a GPz 900 engine with the barrels of a 1000Rx.

Those clip on’s don’t look too comfy

You are not wrong

neninja
    Free Member

That’s a fairly full on bike for a first bike, 11 years after passing!! 😯

Without wanting to preach, you really ought to go and do a refresher with a local direct access training centre on a larger capacity bike. It’s one thing to go from a 125 to a supersport 750. It’s another entirely to go do so with an 11 year gap with no riding.

I’ve been in the motorcycling industry for about a decade. I also had close links with the local motorcycle road policing unit and the number of ‘mature’ riders who’ve got a bike after a long lay off and have put themselves through a dry stone wall or crossed on to the wrong side of the road and become a statistic is scary. Take it very steady until you build some skills.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

neninja talks sense.

I can highly recommend the police Ride to Arrive courses, assuming your local force runs them. Cheap and very useful advanced training that could save your life.

Northwind

momo – Member

I have been riding in the mean time, my house mate has a GSX-R 600 that I’m insured to ride, but whenever I’ve had chance to buy a bike of my own, something has come up to swallow all my spare cash. One of my friends is a track instructor (and road racer) so will be spending quite a bit of time with him to brush up on my technique again.

Chewie
    Free Member

Started with Aprilia Falco. Ace, underrated bike.
    Yam 08 R1.
    Aprilia Tuono. I like my Aprilias!

This is my current run about.

P1010163 by Paul France, on Flickr

MTS.Wales by Paul France, on Flickr

Ducati multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak. Bit of a mouthful. But all the bike you will ever need!

the_lecht_rocks

We tour Europe on the big v4 :

IMAG0235 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

druidh
    Free Member

Ducati time?

img008 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

br
    Free Member

When I come up behind a rider you can always see the inexperienced ones; due to their crap road-positioning, inability to read the road/traffic and inappropriate speed (either too slow or too fast).

So be careful and remember that all tin-tops are out to kill us, its not on purpose, they just don’t care…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Well I've finally done it (motorcycle content)’ is closed to new replies.