• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Well I've been skiving again [PICS]
  • Alex

and my mate Ceri has been putting his Orange 5 to good use.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qWZYp1]Malverns play ride[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rezYxa]Malverns play ride[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qhyVjN]Malverns play ride[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Lovely day too. Malvern Hills, 4pm. This is why I love fixed price contracts. Work in the dark, play in the day 🙂 Anyone else sneaked out?

matt_outandabout

Nope. But I wheedled cash out the Scottish Government, so s successful day. 8)

crossland
    Free Member

Quite jealous, only live 45 minutes away and have nevet been, looks like I aught to make the effort

Alex

You should. It’s fab. A lot of this stuff is kind of ‘locals special’ but always happy to guide.

JAG

Looks like a great way to spend the nicest day we’ve had for a while!

I also live about 45 minutes away. I’ve been to the Malverns to ride once but didn’t find much – I’ll have to go back soon 8)

phiiiiil

Heh, I found that slab for the first time on sunday, having never seen it before despite living on or next to the hills for ages! Is it “new”, or am I just unobservant?

jimster01

Recognise the second and third locations, not sure where the first is,but sure I will given time. 😉

jimster01

stevied
    Free Member

Where’s the slab Alex? I recognise it but can’t think where it is..

Alex

Slab is above the tank quarry. The last picture is me with my back to the slab looking into that valley where the tank quarry trail is. Basically round the back of North Hill. Slab’s been there for ever, we only found the ‘easy’ line after seeing a promo vid of some bike or other demo’d up there. The line off the front – if you can call it a line – is not something I’ve seen anyone ride before. I certainly didn’t fancy it!

stevied
    Free Member

Cool, thanks. Will have a look at it next time we go round that route. The descent down from the last photo is great and I also like it if you go over the hill in front of you then head round to the right. Gets very rocky down there..

jamesfts
    Free Member

Managed to sneak down FoD yesterday, was sorely tempted to get up the Malverns this morning but needed to get some work done… unfortunately.

Will try to find that slab, spend most of my time over the Ledbury end as it’s a bit quieter and I know it better. I’m sure there is a lot over the Malvern side I don’t know about…

stevied
    Free Member

We’ve only really started exploring the BC end last summer as most of us are the north end of Malvern.
    There’s some cracking routes on our end and worth ride, especially in the day as there’s less walkers. Some of the less obvious tracks can be linked up really nicely.
    We are lucky where we live. British Camp end will be revisited this summer when we have more time to get over that way.

Alex

I like the southern end when it’s a bit drier. Definitely less busy. Some good cheeky stuff that way as well. Descent into the tank quarry either from where the photo was taken or via the extra climb so you come round the side to get into it are both fab. It does get rocky and the steps at the bottom go on a bit 😉

I much prefer to ride the Malverns either in the day when it’s not so busy (2pm is good, after lunch walkers and before evening dog walkers) or at night. Keep finding stuff even after seven years.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Well I've been skiving again [PICS]’ is closed to new replies.