• This topic has 49 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Well it's come to point and my shop is going under advice needed
  • 4130s0ul
    Free Member

leffeboy

Nice, very nice

You might want to update the super sale on your site though. Jan-Mar 2015 was a wee while ago

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sounds like a great outcome and a very helpful bank!

Good luck trying to get it all sorted out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benp1

Get it down in writing asap!

Lloyds aren’t doing too well right now…

cannondaleking
    Free Member

It’s all done and on paper benp1 I can’t believe how good they have been

I_did_dab
    Free Member

My LBS closed a few years ago for a variety of reasons. The owner has reopened as workshop only – he carries almost no stock and doesn’t sell bikes. Anything needed for repairs is ordered from the internet, and he doesn’t take card payments. From the looks of things business is booming. It sounds like you have some breathing space to restructure your business – best wishes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP on the van idea couod you do local-ish delivery work ? Friend of mine closed down his fabrication business and went into semi-retirement and does this now europe wide. There is an app he uses fo bid on jobs. Could do the mobile bike fixing and delivery stuff ?

Obviously having a paid position takes away from stress but you sound like an entrepneurial person, don’t give that up and good luck. Will look at your ads

benp1

Well done OP by the way!

singletrackmind

How many sq ft is your shop?
    Would you still like to work for yourself and meet the public?

You could try bikes and coffee shop

You could try bikes and beers

There is a growing niche of ‘ micro -pubs’ who sell decent beer in small venues. Craft / Craft Keg / Real Ale/ European keg beers . Oversupply in beer market = lots of choice . Minimlaist set up, keep it small , keep it simple. You only need a capactiy of 50 or so , a few chairs and tables.
    Open mic nights , meet the brewer nights, new beer launch nights

Just a thought, I am willing to help with a shed load of ideas if its something you feel would suit you / your location

jkomo

We are in a small village, with a decent number of riders, non of whom use him. Only a couple of us do our own repairs mind.
    I’ve always wondered why my lbs didn’t try a few simple things:
    Get our email addresses for a start, know what bikes we all ride.
    Offers like mud guard fitting in the autumn, new chain and cassette free fitting in the spring.
    Work out what would be the next upgrade for bikes when they come in for repair.
    Do some group buys.
    Offer a price for fitting new groupo’s bought online.
    Have an Internet offer.
    See if the local paper would like a cycle tips weekly article free of charge.
    Do bike hire for local air bnb houses.
    Run a wheel truing course.
    I honestly don’t know if any of these ideas are any use at all, or how you can compete against the Internet on sales.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Well it's come to point and my shop is going under advice needed’ is closed to new replies.