Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Well, it didn't take long! decent off on the new bike today. warning – mild gore
  • psychle
    Free Member

First decent stack on the new Mojo HD today, barreling down BKB, just after the big right-hand berm near the bottom, not really sure what happened but without warning I totally lost the front end (I have a suspicion I might’ve grabbed too much front brake for some reason), suddenly found myself launched over the handlebars and airborne (off the bike), flying off to the left down the slope. Luckily went straight between two pine trees (maybe a gap of 2-3 metres between them), would’ve been pretty serious if I’d hit one of ’em 😯 . Hit the deck, couple of forward rolls and bounced up on to my feet, only to have the bike hit me in the back and knock me down again! Sat there for a while counting my blessings and checking for wounds, fortunately nothing major, just a nice bit of ‘gravel rash’ on my left leg… bike was fine thankfully… for those who wondered if the cables were cut a bit short, I can confirm that they’re fine, they did a full 360, plenty of length there 😆

And here’s a pic of my war wound for your delectation; ’tis merely a flesh wound, as they say… does sting a bit though 🙁

DSCF4245 by ten_sim, on Flickr

Andyhilton
    Free Member

disgusting!

You should shave those…

RealMan
    Free Member

+1

psychle
    Free Member

will be wishing I had done in a few days no doubt…

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Are you a hobbit 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

I always wear shinnies and other armour, but then again I fall off all the time, infact I’m better a falling off than I am at riding!

soobalias
    Free Member

stuff like this is usually down to the wrong tyres

psychle
    Free Member

Nah, the tires are great, really rating the Maxxis Ardent at the moment… I think I was somehow sub-consciously a little suprised at the speed I was carrying, so reflexively went for the brake (I’m guessing) and locked the front, lost it too the left and hit a bump to then go airborne… really glad I didn’t hit a tree, I was going fairly quickly!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Seriously? Is that it? Man the **** up for gods sake.

psychle
    Free Member

It does sting a bit… and my right elbow hurts as well, is that better? 🙁 😥

rustler
    Free Member

That looks like the time I had my chest waxed.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was expecting mild gore. Disappointed.

float
    Free Member

for those who wondered if the cables were cut a bit short, I can confirm that they’re fine, they did a full 360, plenty of length there

😀 phew!

nuke

More importantly, is the bike alright?

I’m liking the Ardent on the rear but prefer to stick to HR or Advantage on the front…excellent
    combination imho

TheSwede
    Free Member

Was hoping to see half a nasty yellow carbon chain stay sticking out of your chest.

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats just a bad shaving cut ….

psychle
    Free Member

More importantly, is the bike alright?

Bike is fine, not a scratch on it thankfully 😀

Was hoping to see half a nasty yellow carbon chain stay sticking out of your chest.

That’s just mean 🙁

thats just a bad shaving cut ….

Yep, got off pretty lightly, could’ve been a lot worse if I’d flown just a metre or so either side…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Well, it didn't take long! decent off on the new bike today. warning – mild gore’ is closed to new replies.