• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Well I never. Halfords content.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I didn’t realise they price matched the “bigboys” of the Internet bike bits market. Just undercut everyone on a sram bottom bracket.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Then throw in some 10% BC discount 😀

Esme
    Free Member

I’ve not checked the accuracy of this, but a member of staff told me the store prices are often higher than the website prices 😯

simmy
    Free Member

^ that’s correct.

I know a lad who works in Halfords and, if I’m buying anything, he looks online before he puts it through the till then, if it’s cheaper, reserves it for me.

Takes a couple of minutes, but often saves a few quid. Then I throw my BC card at him 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

The store prices are sometimes higher, I always look on line if going for something. However today I popped in on the off chance but the guy did the checks for me.

MoreCashThanDash

Wrightyson – was this one of the Derby branches?

Scapegoat

They do a lot of 3 for 2 promotions for cycling stuff, so if you’re looking for some high value items, even at store price you can save a bit over some of the online chaps. Good Quidco payer too, even instore.

wrightyson
    Free Member

@More cash,
    Yeah it was the one on the wyvern, Mrs ws was doing the half marathon today so we popped in between start and finish. Cracking lad in there, you know him?

Freester

Is the BC discount for just bike bits or everything in Halfords?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’ve not checked the accuracy of this, but a member of staff told me the store prices are often higher than the website prices

apart from all the £17 Bell Stokers we’re all riding around now…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Esme – Member

I’ve not checked the accuracy of this, but a member of staff told me the store prices are often higher than the website prices

Yep, a while ago I spotted they were selling some cheap Conti tyres online so popped in to get some – only to find they were twice the price in store.

Asked if they perhaps hadn’t updated their shelf price, No.
    Asked if they’d price match their own website, No.
    Bought them on my smartphone “click and collect”, hung around for 5 mins whilst the internet caught up and watched the same guy pick them off the shelf for me and bring them to the till.

cp

Is the BC discount for just bike bits or everything in Halfords?

everything, including anything already discounted

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Well I never. Halfords content.’ is closed to new replies.