Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Well I got one…… BMX that is (haterz gonna hate)
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

After having a look round and a bit of a sit on an feel, I got the one I liked the look of 😆

I went for the Mongoose Scan R120, it’s full chromo with (in my mind) rather dashing chromed bars & rims.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I like that! Nice!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In Raleigh Budgie orange! Approved!

Harry_the_Spider

This forum needs a “nice” button.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Pull the bars back a bit it’s not 1995 anymore 😉

Have fun 🙂

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Like it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I brought a 24″ Free agent ratio in Jan forgot how much fun they can be.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Nice bike
    As above adjust the bars to the same angle as the forks

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheers guys, did a bit of Google-ing and that does seem to be the concensus of opinion, I shall unleash the Allen keys post haste.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fence staining looks a bit uneven…

steve_b77
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Fence staining looks a bit uneven…

Probably ‘cos it isn’t stained 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

So I sorted the bars out and took it to a skate park (accompanying my 4 yr old) and we had a great time.

After an hour or so I could roll across the front of the ramps on the street section to keep a loop going, and then managed to drop in over the bigger steel edged ramps.

colp

Is that Rampworx?
    Nice bike, tempted to get one myself but every time I try a bunny hop on my lads, I seem to compress my spine an inch.

Euro
    Free Member

Death on wheels…

p.s. nice flattie in the first pic

steve_b77
    Free Member

Colp – it’s Ramp1 in Warrington. Both wheels off the ground WTF, amazeballs!!!

Euro – waddya mean by flattie?

Euro
    Free Member

Usually has a rider on board but this is a flattie (aka tabletop etc)…

Euro
    Free Member

As above adjust the bars to the same angle as the forks

Is this a fashion thing or is there a genuine reason? I* always wore my bars pretty much perpendicular to the ground as that’s were they felt best, which is kinda like the OPs.

* old skool bmxifier

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Needs a mahoosive lay back seat post and some pegs for given ya mates a backy up the shops

colp

Ahaa, Ramp1 is a hell of a lot nicer as a spectator, take the lad there a bit.

opusone
    Free Member

Did you junk the front brake? How are you planning on doing endos and stoppies?

whisky711
    Free Member

look amazing with some cw’s. well old skool.

racefaceec90

i bought a lovely we the people zodiac a few years ago hoping that i may be able to learn a few basic tricks on it (at 39). i traded it for a road bike not long after as i just felt too self conscious riding it and couldn’t so much as bunnyhop on it (not the bikes fault,all my own fault for being crap).

so why do i want another bmx (even though i cannot so much as wheelie,bunny hop on one 😳

opusone
    Free Member

I just felt too self conscious riding it and couldn’t so much as bunnyhop on it (not the bikes fault,all my own fault for being crap).

You just need to find somewhere quiet to practise your middle-age manuals.

whisky711
    Free Member

Or get yourself to a local bmx track while the kids are in school. 🙂

HansRey

that looks nice! Where did you get it?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Or get yourself to a local bmx track while the kids are in school.

Why 😆 I frequently ride my local one with my lad whilst other kids are about. Sometimes other parents look confused, but we are having fun (I am occasionally used for fixing other kids bikes) and it’s better than standing there bored 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

Here’s my WTP Volta, it ain’t pretty but I like it (I need to respray it as there is battle damage on the down tube)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Opusone – I did and I’m not.

Whisky711 – what are CW’s? Cheers.

HansRey – straight outta halfords, oh the shame.

RF90 – I’m 39 in a month, definitely don’t feel daft riding it, to be honest I’m not arsed if people think I look daft either.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Did you junk the front brake? How are you planning on doing endos and stoppies?

Footjam FTW 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

My rider, mahoosive chainring and all 😀 –

cjr61

Newly inspired to unleash my inner child (and hopefully not exhaust my health insurance as a result!) but looking for a BMX.

Love the older chrome style and fancy going to the local skate park to play. Any advice on size/geometry (or are they all pretty similar?) for my 6ft2 frame.

Equally if anyone has a dusty bike in the garage I do fancy a project 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got what is apparently the longest normal top tube bike at 21″, I’m 5’11” BTW.

I’m not 100% sure you can get anything bigger off the peg?

pickle
    Free Member

cjr61 you’ll want one with at least a 21″ top tube for your size.

I’m 6′ 2″ and mine fit just right

cjr61

Any good brands/models to keep an eye out for used on fleabay?

Thanks

Sundayjumper

My cousin bought a BMX a couple of years ago, at 6’4″ I literally could not ride it ! Legs everywhere 🙁

ferrals
    Free Member

That looks immense Steve, really nice.

Almost makes me want a BMX!!

I did have loads of fun last weekend on the pump-track with my xc bike, I’m not sure what the kids thought of a fully lycra’d adult failing around when they were trying to smoke their pot in peace though!

dudeofdoom

Or get yourself to a local bmx track while the kids are in school.

+1

Yep pump tracks are a giggle….

mamadirt
    Free Member

That Mongoose is lovely 8) Mine’s not as good looking but still a shedload of fun. Bought and built up back in 2008, sold later that year and bought back again at the end of last year 🙄

liamtg
    Free Member

That’s the one I almost purchased but I opted for the Diamondback Element.

I’m an old boy too at 45! How do u get over the fear on the skate park!

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Liam_Coyle/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0185_zps18mmrqoc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

liamtg
    Free Member

Sorry had trouble getting the pic up lol.

Here’s my ride. Hope you’re all still enjoying BMX and your youth again!

[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Liam_Coyle/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0185_zps18mmrqoc.jpg.html][/URL]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Well I got one…… BMX that is (haterz gonna hate)’ is closed to new replies.